Monday, December 12, 2005

It’s not the holidays yet!

I got a tad too relaxed over the weekend and forgot real life was arriving this morning. And after going to bed at 1am you can imagine how delighted I was to be woken at three fifteen, just to receive a telling off - all because I laid out the girls clothes for today on S’s bed!

There’s nothing quite like a three year old screeching ‘Noooooooo’ in your ear, to wake you up with a start. And then S insisted I accompany her back to her bed so I could see where she had flung relocated the offending items.

And tiredness doesn’t make for a pleasant day, more so when the BH has to be in work early so my school run doubled. Then my car had a mad moment. Seriously mad. The damn thing wouldn’t turn off! I had the keys out of the ignition and the thing’s still chugging away – albeit not in a healthy tone. Downright embarrassing in a busy car park too!

But I didn’t have time to worry care as I had to secure seats at S’s nativity play. And you’d think being forty-five minutes early would have earned me the best seats in the house – but no, there are many more dedicated than I. Bummer though, as this is my last year of attending this nativity after the better part of a decade (unless I turn into one of the sad moms who refuses to believe there is no just cause not to go, even if your child isn’t attending nursery anymore – I guess I won’t know till next year!).

Of course I should have had pictures to post - I took over forty, but being so far back and sat behind the biggest (late arriving) daddy there, sent the auto-focus into a twirl with all the hands, heads and general jigging about, so none AT ALL to share.

But I was stressed by then so maybe some of the wobble came from me. And I shouldn’t have been. I shouldn’t have cared that almost every person who came in, was BORN IN A BARN! But if I open a door and walk through it – I close if after myself! Did they? NOOOOOOO! One after another they dripped in, swinging the door wide and inviting the wind and chill to follow!

It drove me insane. I could feel myself wanting to stand up and scream at them all. Don’t they know how long it takes the Aunties to heat that church? I guess not. But that’s not even the bloody point. Unless it’s your door, in which case, do as you please, and ignore my ridiculous hang-ups.

Anyway, mustn’t let this get to me again. I was only bothered because I’m tired. I’ll laugh tomorrow. Probably.

And by the time I got back to the car, my vibes must have preceded me and my car was behaving again. I even got the Christmas parcels posted today. Almost organised!

How are you doing?

5 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

What a terrible hour to wake up at. You poor thing! I hope you get a chance to prop your feet up today and have a hot cup of tea and a Christmas cookie.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:41:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm doin' okay. :)
I think you and I had the exact same seats at the Christmas pageant. Stoopid giant late dude sat right in front of us. I got a hell of a lot of pictures of other people's kids. :P
Lois Lane

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:45:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I shouldn’t have cared that almost every person who came in, was BORN IN A BARN!

But, isn't that in keeping with the spirit of a nativity play?

I'm fine, thanks ;o)

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:04:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Pretty soon this will all be over, then you can start "looking forward" to Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, etc. etc.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:58:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

I bet that nativity play was just the sweestest thing ever!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home