Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hurry up!

The week is crawling along in a most annoying fashion, I want it to be Saturday! I want the holidays to start!

So does J, and I think she may have pulled a sickie today claiming she had a sore throat – but watching her fidget, and listening to her complaints about having to stay on the sofa or in bed, I’ve told she has to go back tomorrow. Especially as she has a party she planning to go to on Saturday.

I still haven’t got my Christmas cards out. I know I should be fretting, but I’m too busy trying to make my lounge look nice. One set of curtains are now completely finished, so just the other set and the door curtain to hem now. And cushions to make. And the sofa to dye.

Actually I dyed the sofa cover last night. But it’s gone wrong and I now have a patchy very hippish cover, so I’m trying again. Bit of a pain as I had to pop into the sewing shop again to buy more dye. The woman in there knows me, or maybe she hates me. And I would hate me too, always showing up with kids who like to fiddle with her array of glittery and dangly things, and me hissing ‘Look with your eyes, not your fingers!’

Yesterday I got caught in there for twenty minutes as we discussed whether I should go with synthetic or feather cushions. I went with the feather and near wept at the cost. When I went in this morning she asked how the cushions had turned out. WTF? I don’t think she has kids, or at least definitely not four! I haven’t even taken them out the bag yet.

And I won’t today either as I have to get my house clean before my mother shows up to babysit tonight. But don’t get too excited, it’s just so the BH and I can attend a carol concert. And we’ve got another tomorrow night, and the over abundance doesn’t do much to raise my Christmas cheer. Now I know why people are pleased to have twins, or triplets.

Normally I would get my brother to babysit as he doesn’t care how many toys he has to clamber around or over, but he pulled a feeble excuse claiming he was attending college tonight. Feeble because he’s fibbing, but I didn’t say anything. But you’d think being my brother he’d know what my BH did for a living, though he evidently doesn’t realise my BH also arranges the computer shift cover at our only college, and guess what? Evening classes finished last week! Still, maybe I’m wrong about the excuse and the fool will trudge up there and sit in an empty classroom for twenty minutes before realising. Umm, now I’m wondering if I should have called his bluff and informed him, as this is a real possibility! I think I shall call him tomorrow and ask.

But I’m not complaining (not really anyway ;o)), this year should be nice as it’s the first time the BH and I have attended the concerts together. Wish us luck, it lasts for two and a half hours.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

'we’ve got another tomorrow night, and the over abundance doesn’t do much to raise my Christmas cheer.'

Guess how many I've got in the next two weeks. Ho ho!

'Now I know why people are pleased to have twins.'

Yup. That's what I've got. Once they were out of nappies, life was soo much easier than having to start all over again with another.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:50:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Jona NO! Don't wish for this week to go faster! My sister in law and mother in law are coming next week. I want this week to never end!!!

And would you believe it is bloody snowing again. Gggrrrrr......

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you find the time to make furniture and curtains while raising 4 kids? My hat is off to you. Well I really never wear a hat but if I did I would throw it in the air in your honor.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:29:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I don't see what the rush is really. I mean, heck, I haven't bought one teeny tiny gift. Let's take it slow and enjoy the season shall we? Please. Pretty please? With a cherry on top???!! ;)
Lois Lane

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:06:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hoo boy, you can get a lot done in 2 1/2 hours....

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:48:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

You dyed a sofa?!? You really are superwoman, you know.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:43:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Dave, I didn’t know you had twins! Double trouble, but half the activities ;o)

Daisy – I don’t like driving in the snow, but apart from that let it snow!

Lita – necessity, not desire ;o)

MOH – My bum was numb before it began!

No Newz, That’s fine with me ;o)

Trishy & FTS, I didn’t call his bluff because there was the real chance he didn’t want to babysit (and who can blame him ;o))

Hoss, I could’ve got a lot done with 2.5 hours!

Maureen, just the cover (badly) and the washing machine does the dirty work ;o) But thank you anyway!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home