Friday, December 30, 2005

Trying to find lots of things not to do...

I was up at six thirty this morning, for no good reason at all. Very odd, as this time next week four hours sleep will definitely feel like too little.

Haven’t got a lot to tell you about because we're busy doing nothing around here. Total waste. But not, as walks in the woods and making couch covers (yes, the cushions are finished!) seems to be the answer to my happiness. How sad is that?

Though I did pop into town with the boys this morning, to get their hair cuts. Almost a breeze as P didn’t raise merry-hell about getting it done! Though he wasn’t what I’d call gracious about it, but I guess the threat of his father doing it, if he caused a scene, worked its magic. We were ridiculously early and beat three of the four barbers to work, and that turned out to be a blessing as there was a little lad in front of us. He was about two, sobbing and clinging to his father, in fear of the big nasty scissors. It was a trip down memory lane for me, and I’m almost sad those days are gone…at least I think they’ve gone – S has never had her hair cut, so we've yet to see...

I also spent some of my birthday and Christmas vouchers. Vouchers are wonderful! At this time of year everything is half price and even though I can’t afford it, I get to buy things! Got myself a watch and a necklace. Wasn’t sure about the necklace, but at £3.50 you can’t really go wrong. And the watch is a tad big, but I figure I’ll wear it like a bracelet as removing links will make my wrist look pathetically small, which of course it is. In fact I once had a boyfriend who reckoned he’d be able to snap it with the mildest of effort. And he was probably right. Though the worry wasn’t the size so much as the fact that that boyfriend asked if he could try.

And of course small wrists lead to small hands, which I’ve always rather liked. Except when a chap in a pub informed me plenty of men like women with small hands. I can’t believe I was naive enough to ask why!

And talking of naivety, I’m losing another! And it’s all your fault! Well, probably not you personally, unless you’ve mentioned pussies lately. A year ago I wouldn’t have thought anything of J wandering around the house making up ‘pussy songs’ as she cradles her new pink kitten, but now…?!

Anyways, I think I’m starting to waffle. Oh, but a quickie question to the cooks out there, how do you get icky scrambled egg remainders off the bottom of the pan? The BH scrapes it – yuck. My favoured way is putting some washing powder in some water and boiling it up, but that irritates the BH beyond words because of the smell. So…any tips or miracle solutions out there? (And no, we can’t use the microwave as the BH is very stuck-up about his scrambled eggs ;o)) Let me know!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Did you realise there are a few typos in today's post?

Hint: correct them, delete this comment, and no-one will ever know.

Para 2: we ARE busy?
Para 4: removing links WILL?

Sorry, no cooking tips, I use the microwave.

Friday, December 30, 2005 4:30:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Thank you, Dave, have corrected :o) but I'm shameless and would rather have your comment here, than delete you ;o)

Friday, December 30, 2005 4:48:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You do indeed scrape, with a metal spatular if the cookpan can handle it. Otherwise, use SOS and elbow grease. Or tweezers.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:53:00 pm  
Blogger Me said...

My mom use to cut our hair growing up. She would place us in the middle of the empty garage and buzz away. (Still trying to block THAT memory).

As far as eggs, I use (Ahem...Anduin uses) a nonstick pan, and it cleans easily with soap water.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:37:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Having spent this morning cooking and baking, I realise my earlier comment is open to misinterpretation.

I use the microwave to make scrambled eggs. It's about the only thing I do use it for.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:22:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Alright, you are killing me with the pussies thing. Did you know when coffee shoots out of your nose (while you have a laughing fit) it burns? It truly does!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home