Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Don’t say a word!

Don’t say a word!

I am so seriously sick to death of everything going wrong at the moment! This is why people run away or go insane. Every bloody thing that can go wrong, is going wrong. I had a sh*tty day yesterday - which I would have posted about (it’s written!) – if blogger had let me publish. Of course that would have to be between the internet NOT dropping. And now today… not only have I had my parents around this morning, and had words with the people at the phone company (AGAIN!), but now – the car battery is as dead as a doornail. Would I care IF my son had listened to me and NOT rented a PS2 game when he was with his father? Not in the bloody least! I would wait until tomorrow. But he didn’t listen and now I have to wait on the battery to return it in time. On top of that my brother reminded me my parents are about to leave for six weeks in the sun (again!) and I should have bought Dad’s birthday present so they can take it with them. I don’t even know what I’m going to get the-man-who-has-everything! So no present, no card, and I’m a useless thoughtless daughter with a crap car. AND it means I’ve got to drive to swimming for the next six weeks. Oh no, make that nine weeks, ‘coz then they’re going skiing. It’s one of those days that feels like life is teaching me a lesson. If I was a better person, I would take a deep breath and remember none of this matters. BUT I’M NOT A BETTER PERSON!!! I am a mean, nasty, short-tempered person, who wants to kick something!! HARD!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

Hmmm - I don't know which of these posts you'll keep once you see you've posted twice, but since neither have any comments, I'll go with this one.

Debi, you need to hit someone. NO! You need me to send you this effing 1000 piece mozaic puzzle I bought for Christmas. We had everyone here. 18 people in my basement so I wanted to make sure there was lots for everyone to do. Darts, ping pong, air hockey, crokinole, fooz ball, (I don't even know if that's spelled right), a comfy chair by the fire...

Actually, when I read it all like that, it seems like there was lots for everyone, but I deciced at the last minute to set out a table with this effing puzzle. NOBODY helped with it on Christmas day. So I'm still working on it. Oh sure, people drift by it now and then, but apparently only to knock pieces on the floor. And it's not a normal puzzle, it's a mosaic puzzle, a big picture made up of a bunch of teeny tiny pictures that I can barely make out because of the glare and because they're so effing tiny.

Anyway, I'm sending it to you. You can do whatever violence to it you please. Yes, I know that's a poorly worded sentence.

P.S. Return the game late and make your son pay the late fees. Screw it.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:14:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Maureen, I knew it had posted twice...but could I change it? NO, BECAUSE THE PAGE WOULDN'T LOAD! So long as the puzzle has ALL the pieces, I think it might even be theraputic for me to get away from the usual irritations I'm wading through! But what makes my temper worse is - everyone is being so darn nice to me - which in turns builds my guilt as I keep trying to remind myself how unimportant all my gripes are, when what I suppose I need is a slap.

But at least you've made me smile at the thought of a puzzel causing stress, thank you :o)

P.s. Do you speak Spanish?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:30:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

visiten nuestro blog, divertido, fresco, entretenido, mejor que gran hermano, mas genial que saslsa rosa, descubran como viven los españoles, como es su puta vida dia a dia.

Translation
Hi Jona - I visited your blog, and found it to be a fun diversion, fresh, entertaining and it gave me a huge herman. Yet it was as friendly as a pink salsa Cuban. Come visit Spain. You'll want to live here day to day.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:33:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I decided to start the year in a positive frame (contrast with '03. '04, '05) and so far it's held up.

You're a wonderful person, and I'm sure everyone loves you.

*Holds up fingers in hippy peace-man way*

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:42:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Although if you really want a slap...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:44:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Thanks Maureen :o)

And thank you to Nexvs6 for visiting!

Dave, I'm sure I meant to start positively too, but the Universe conspires! And thank you, but I think I’ve calmed enough not to need the slap now ;o)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:42:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

A mean, nasty, short-tempered person? Maybe, but you're a sex bomb! ;)

Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home