Thursday, January 05, 2006

Apologies up front.

If I appear to be ignoring you and not visiting your site - I'm not! Or at least I'm not meaning to. It's just this computer takes soooooo long to load a page (when it will!) and then leaving a comment verges on a super-human stress-test challenge! But not to worry, an engineer is coming to visit with a laptop sometime tomorrow (and heaven help him if he tells me the speed is satisfactory!!).

But I'm not going to shout about that again right now. To you, or the BH
- who last night asked me not to call him at work so I could SCREAM my frustration, but I have to let it out somewhere, and he's supposed to be my best friend! Which I guess he is, as I think most other people would hang-up on me ;o)

He also wasn't best pleased I'd told the world he'd said I wasn't a sex bomb. Why, I wonder? Surely it should be me not wanting the world to know? Maybe he thinks I'll get my own back at a later date.

But never mind that, this is a new day. Or is it? Seems like it could be groundhog day around here with a flat battery AGAIN! However - for once
- it seems I'm lucky! After jump-starting my car and taking the girls to school (yes they all started back today, but I didn't dare turn the engine off and had to leave my car running as I took S inside!) I visited the garage who sold me the battery less than two years ago. They confirmed it was faulty and still under guarantee, but then told me I had to take it to another garage to complete the warranty. After plenty of silent sighs from me they too agreed it was dead and lent me one till they've charged it for twenty-four hours and checked it again. So - luck being on my side - I should get a new FREE battery tomorrow! I can't believe I kept the receipt in my purse this long! Wow, does this make me a responsible grown-up? It's a first!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I, of course, have a 'car' folder, and all bills, receipts etc for it go there, so I can instantly lay my hands on them.

But then, I'm very dull - or as my school reports said, I'm a 'a solid citizen' (I shall blog about this on Saturday - tomorrow I'm writing about bonfires - far more exciting!).

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:52:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Husbands are just retarded sometimes. LOL!
I'm glad you are getting a new free battery. Yay to being a real live grown up. :)
What is your Frappr user name? I can add you, which will give you an e-mail with a link to add me.
Lois Lane

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:30:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Aww - poor lady! Having a computer that's acting up is a royal pain in the rump! If the hubby won't listen to you Bitch and moan just shout it out here - or give me an email... i'm used to that sort of thing....

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:51:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home