Thursday, January 12, 2006

Apparently…

Over at Daisy’s I discovered it’s National De-lurking week! Which is handy, as I would very much appreciate any and all lurkers giving a little wave and saying ‘Hi!’ After all, I bear all here, and it would be nice to know who’s reading my waffle. So please, before you leave…

And on a less chirpy note, did you know, it’s National Break-up day? According to the amused tone of the news-reader this morning, twice as many couples break-up today, as on any other day of the year. But please, don't feel the need to join in!

And lastly, having stuffed myself silly eaten our way through the second batch of Daisy’s cookies, and already used all the peanut butter Hershey Kisses (our favourites!) I started thinking about how I can continue making them. And being a big fan of eBay, I checked out whether Kisses are on offer.

Expect food doesn’t appear to be on offer, and there are people making a pretty-penny out of this!

Being that I think £4.75 + £2.95 postage (about $14 total) is a tad steep, I shall have to improvise. However this has got me thinking! Obviously I can’t sell Hershey’s Kisses, and all the favourite American things (seriously, your stuff is loved!) but British things like Tetley tea and Jaffa Cakes (is it a cake or a biscuit? Hmm), I could! (And I wouldn’t charge what some charge, and I could buy two for one when things are on offer, and only buy the stuff I use, and this'll never make me rich but…)

So if I start posting questions like: can you buy Heinz Tomato Sauce/ McVities Digestives/ Cadbury’s Chocolate locally? on this page, please forgive me and let me know (and adding your country of origin would be useful too ;o))

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

You can't get Hershey's Kisses!!! Am I reading that right??? That just can't be. No, I refuse to believe that Hershey would deny the world Kisses. Just can't believe it.

Did you know that they have them with stuff in them now? Not just almonds, but caramel and cherry and mint flavored. It makes me want to send you a case of the stuff. I feel bad for you.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:21:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I haven't been lurking for a few days, as I've been somewhere where I didn't have a computer, but am now back, so have just popped over to say Hi.

Normal service will resume on my blog in the morning.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:05:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Oh I LOVE the kisses with the cherry stuff inside. Jona you should really visit Hershey Pennsylvania. The whole town smells like a hershey bar. You drive through the town and the desire to eat chocolate is so strong that you would kill for it. The streetlights are in the shapes of hershey kisses and the street names are stuff like Reeses Way, Kisses Circle, etc. And then there is Hersheys amusement park. That does it, blogger party at Hershey PA!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:15:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Years ago some Brit relatives were visiting, and we learned you don't get graham wafers. I was too shocked to ask the obvious question, so I'll ask you.

How do you make s'mores without graham wafers?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:16:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

I think you should reveal the IPs of your most persistant lurkers if they fail to respond to such a reasonable request.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:52:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I don't know about Digestives (what are they?) but that other stuff is in plentiful supply.

Oh, I have never lurked, so I am not going to de-lurk.

So I guess I just won't comment today.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:44:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Anduin, you are right! No kisses here :o( Please don’t mention what other flavours they come in, as Daisy was kind enough to send me a package of kisses and get me started with this new obsession, and I don’t want to add to it ;o)

Welcome home, Dave!

Daisy, Stop! A chocolate town?! Just as soon as I make it rich, you’ll be able to find me chomping my way through it, yum!

Mm – what are s’mores? Actually I probably don’t want to know! (Ignorance being bliss and coming without the desire to taste them ;o))

Huw, lol! I could, I could ;o)

Hoss, Digestives are a type of biscuit, they come plain or with chocolate on top (very good for dunking, but you have to be quick ;o))

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home