Monday, January 16, 2006

Is time slowing down?!

It’s not often I get to sit here and say, I’m wonder-mom! And I wouldn’t dare to say it, if I wasn’t feeling so pleased with myself – but after covering for two hours at nursery this morning, I then belted around the supermarket to do the weeks worth of shopping (I made a list! AND remembered to take it!!) then into town to return a library book my No.1 had forgotten to give me on Saturday (Grrrr!), and because I was in town I was able to go and buy the note-book the same child has been harping on about. Then I saw the mechanic about my battery (less joy there as their machine still says it’s fine, but I’ve warned them – one more flat battery and they’d be wise to hide when they see me coming!) – all before returning to nursery to pick up S!

And I’ve finally packaged up a parcel I meant to send last week, and it was ready to go – but when I saw they charge a fortune for ANY weight up to a kilo, and a pittance thereafter, so I thought what-the-hell and put more stuff in it! And I should get to the post office before the school run and football match P’s playing in this afternoon.

All in all, I’m amazed at myself, and I even know what we’re having for dinner tonight!

Now I could sit here and write a second proper post, or get off my backside and go clean-up the kitchen…

2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Yay! It's always wonderful to feel like you've actually made progress and gotten things on your to-do list accomplished!

Monday, January 16, 2006 8:10:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

You're Wonder Woman in disguise! I love those days when everything goes your way.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home