Friday, January 27, 2006

Umm

It’s Friday, and having done nothing yesterday, my cold has receded and I feel better. Unfortunately S still has her tummy bug. So I cancelled my plans of meeting a friend for morning tea, and figured S could curl up on the couch whilst I caught up with the accounts I should have finished weeks ago (And yes I know she should be in bed, but a three year old sobs if you tell her she has to lie in a bottom bunk-bed all alone, all morning!)

So with Scooby-doo entertaining, I came into the office. I’m not going to claim all I was doing was the accounts. But I checked on her every twenty minutes and could hear her if she needed anything. In fact, I could hear her happily singing.

Then it was lunchtime and I popped my head in to tell her I had some croissants ready.

Posted by Picasa


I just stood there. Gaping. In fact I stood silently staring for so long, she freaked and ran to her room (can you tell, I normally have something to say about disaster areas?! Even the dog was nervous of my quiet, see him hiding by the door in the second picture?)
 Posted by Picasa


In case you’re not sure what it is you’re seeing, they’re polystyrene balls from a bean bag. Know anything about polystyrene balls and static? Trust me when I say, you don’t want to!

It’s taken me an hour to vacuum up this mess! Though I seriously doubt I have cleared it all up, as the bloody things walk up walls, stick to curtains, hide along the edge of tables, squeeze inside any nook or corner, stick to your shoes, arms, hands, hair, and they just adore the hoover (but not the inside!)
 Posted by Picasa



What surprises me most is that the bag I’ve fought the spilt balls into, isn’t so large! She only managed to empty about an eighth of the bean bag, so I guess I should be grateful for small mercies.

But P isn’t going to be so pleased when I tell him his bean bag has to go. I made it especially for him, and his minx of a sister got through the zip and pulled apart the lining! But I can’t chance this happening again, as I seriously doubt I would greet the scene with silence next time!
 Posted by Picasa



Oh, and I guess she must have needed the loo mid-drama, as I even had to vacuum the bathroom!!!!

 Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

My God that's a beautiful child.

You're laughing about this already, right? No? You will. :-)

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:40:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Oh my God....

How do you even grasp a situation like that? I can understand your silence. There just aren't words for that kind of thing.

Did she blame it on the dog? I would have if I was her.

Years from now you'll show this to her and laugh and laugh. I hope.

Friday, January 27, 2006 4:46:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

What an evil mother!! She could have choked on them; or drowned in them or something. Does the NSPCC operate in the Channel Islands?




[I trust you realise this is said with a big ;)]

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:21:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

OH MY GOSH! I thought it was a bean bag chair stuffing from the moment I saw the pic. I've been through that before. And they are HARD to get up because the staic cling on them. It's an impossible mess. You poor thing.

Sometimes silence is way more scary than yelling isn't it? Am I going to hell for laughing at it? Sorry.

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:17:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Oh my gawd! I knew instantly what it was! I broke a beanbag chair and the beads would run in front of the broom!

They're a awful to clean up.

It was an accident! I swear! Poor S must feel terrible! Not to mention the dog!

Yeah, for you, it'll be funny. . . in a year or so!

But for us readers!! Haa haa haaa! Heee HEE HEEE! Ho HOO HOOO!


(sorry)

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:45:00 pm  
Blogger Me said...

At first it looked like fake snow, or even rice. When I realized what it was, I giggled so much the cat was looking at me funny.

That is Priceless!!

I am sure those pictures will come in handy for some kind of leverage in the furture. It would not surprise me if you are still finding those little things weeks from now.

Friday, January 27, 2006 10:52:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You will be finding those things for weeks, I bet.

Pretty child, though. Mischievous, but pretty.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:13:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

That is one of the funniest things I've ever laid my eyes on. It took me a sec, but when I saw the balls stuck to the side of the couch I new exactly what had happened. Little S is very, very cute! Did she mind having those things combed out of her hair? LOL

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:03:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

What a lovely little girl. You have forgiven her, haven't you? We've had those bean-bag disasters too. Yes, get rid of the thing. They are nothing but heartache waiting to happen.

I stumbled across a blog tonight focused on law enforcement in Jersey. I should send you the link...
Kristy
www.fireinthekitche.net/kristy.htm

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:17:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but

BWWAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

And I agree with Mo. She is a doll.

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:45:00 am  
Blogger lisa said...

OMG

She's very cute.. I like the pic with the white balls in her hair :)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home