Thursday, January 26, 2006

Isn't it Friday yet?

I’m not feeling too bright. On Tuesday I had a thought about how I had managed to avoid all the nasty bugs going around at the moment. Of course, no sooner did I think this, than I started to get a cold!

So I’m home today (the BH is doing the running around – it’s why he’s got the BH title!) entertaining S, who doesn’t have a cold, but managed to catch the tummy bug instead.

As I’m in the mood for trying new things, and I saw this last Friday at Doug’s, I thought I’d give it a go too.


Thirteen Things about Jona

1. My husband and I started dating seventeen years ago this April. I fell in love with him at an exact moment.

2. I have four children, but only gave birth to one. I much preferred the c-sections!

3. If I had enough imagination with food, I’d be a vegetarian.

4. I had my first kiss at thirteen, with a boy I didn’t like just to get it out the way.

5. I am the third generation of women in my family to get engaged on their twenty-first birthday.

6. I went to seven different schools and loathed most. But my favourite teacher was at two of them, and was the first person ever to believe in me – even before me. At the time, I disliked him for it.

7. I know I have at least four half siblings, but doubt any of them know of me.

8. I left home at sixteen, thankfully the door was always open and I returned several times.

9. My favourite job was in an Estate Agents at Bondi Junction in Sydney. I was responsible for rent collections and got to know all the clients with small talk. It drove my boss mad that I offered them tea and knew all about their lives.

10. I’m not too fussed about going on holidays, but have a dream of going on a riding holiday and sleeping under the stars. (Never mind that I haven’t ridden since I was eleven, or have a son who’s allergic to horses, or that I’ll be too old by the time I can go without the kids!)

11. I have more good friends now, than I ever did as a teenager.

12. I broke my first-love’s heart, but learnt how much it hurt when my second-love broke mine.

13. I became afraid of the sea after I nearly drowned when I was thirteen. My feet got caught in fishing nets protecting swimmers from the rocks, and I can still remember the feeling of calm after I gave up fighting to reach the surface. Luckily for me the boy I had been flirting with noticed I had vanished!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 Comments:

Blogger MaR said...

Interesting list, TT's are a fun way to get to know others who blog. My TTis up!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:19:00 pm  
Blogger Melzie said...

#13, scary! That's my biggest fear. Thanks for visiting my site!! Have fun with the TT, I love it! :)

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:28:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I've done a TT too, Jona. Very fun! Do we have to do it every Thursday?

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:54:00 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Intersting list for sure. Especially #13! Here's my list:
http://itsallaboutmeithink.blogspot.com/2006/01/thirteen-things-that-i-know-live-and.html#links

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:38:00 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Yikes! That's so scary about the near-drowning! I'm glad you were rescued.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm going to go link you up!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:09:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I've got ya linked, J. One question: how come your TT is getting so much more attention than my TT?

jealously yours,

Doug

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:51:00 pm  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Mine are up now! http://harmonia.blogsome.com/2006/01/26/thursday-13-scrapbooking/

Swing by with your direct URL and I will link you if you wish.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:35:00 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

my first TT is today and HEY look, you're in Australia. I have a couple of friends in your country--maybe you know them?

I love this bouncing around the blogs and reading bits of lives. It's very cool.

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:46:00 am  
Blogger Kate said...

PS I came by way of Doug...I have my first TT up today, only it's Friday where you are now.

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:47:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Did you ever thing you would be telling strangers your deep, dark secrets? And feeling comfortable about it?

I've been reading your post quite awhile, and have come to this conclusion: You and BH are fine people. Keep smiling.

Friday, January 27, 2006 1:07:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. I tell you it was a comoyter virus and you caught it from me. Lots of antibiotics, aspirin and ornage juice.

I love the Thursday Thirteen thing. What a swell idea!!! I may have to join in next Thursday.

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:54:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Sorry it's takem me so long to offer my sympathy about your illness.

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:35:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home