Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday, again?!

Is it just me, or did this week go quick? I guess that’s what happens when you’re confined to the house with sick kids and the days begin to blur. Still, better make the most of today as I plan to get them back to school tomorrow, and that will mean freedom!

And being Thursday, it’s time for my Thursday Thirteen! This week my theme is wishes, now many of my responses could be interpreted as ‘What I would do if I was rich’, but as I don’t actually have the desire to be rich, I’ll stick with the simpler things I would like (if my bank account allowed! Though I guess, if I could afford them, I would be rich!)




Thirteen wishes for Jona



1. Get a driver for the school and activity runs. I know this is extreme luxury, but I would choose a driver over cleaner or cook any day!

2. For those times when I do need to drive, I would like a Volvo XC90, the seven seater that looks more like a jeep than a bus!


3. An indoor swimming pool. With the kids in tow I never get to swim properly. But if we had our own (warm, breeze free) pool, attached to the house, I could swim after they’ve gone to bed!

4. A roof. Tempting just to say move house, but in truth I would love to see the plans we had for this house realised, and if the roof was built we’d end up with a bedroom for each of the kids, and a wonderful master suite. And moving is hard work!

5. Visit many of you. Corny, but true. I would love to meet many of you in person!


6. Find and get a good look at my biological father and sisters. Don’t particularly want to meet them, but I have a fascination with people who look like me and apparently I have his eyes.


7. More children. I know that would be totally irresponsible and impractical, but when I’m not moaning about their habits, I really do like them!


8. Have a minor face lift. When I was younger, I swore I would grow old gracefully, but I didn’t know what I was talking about!


9. Have a mountain (as well as the sea) in my view. I know this doesn’t tie in with the not moving, but I’m reaching the dreamy stage and I love mountains!


10. To go with my mountain view I would like a horse. And some riding lessons probably wouldn’t go amiss too. Oh, and my son wouldn’t be allergic to them anymore either!

11. A chocolate Labrador puppy! This is probably the only wish on my list that I have any hope of fulfilling. Just not any time soon.

12. A month at Disney World to make up for all the holidays the kids have never had. Can’t say that this would be my holiday of choice, but it’s definitely theirs!



13. When I die I’d like to be cryogenically frozen. And when I return, I wouldn’t object to waking up with a body age of twenty. Unlikely I know, but the idea of seeing and living the future fascinates me!

And I'm going to cheat, because Thirteen isn't enough! Last but not least, I would like to see the Earth from space!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
dariana
Karen
mar
Tim-tambolini
Sam



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

My week has flown by too, thank goodness! I have had a lot of fun doing the Thursday 13. This week's is kind of lame because my brain is mush. LOL

It was fun reading yours. I love the mountains here, but I'd love to have the ocean too.

Have a great day!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:48:00 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

I specially like your indoor pool, the minor face lift and meeting bloggers in real life! Great list. My 13 are up, thanks for your visit! and quote! (*hides her purse* lol!)

Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:49:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

MOH - Of course!! And I'd beg you to take me star-gazing at the observatory you & Huw visited (it sounded wonderful :o)) And I want to see an armadillo too!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:18:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I agree with many things on your list. Most of all, the one where you'd like to meet everyone on here in person. Wouldn't that be cool!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:58:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Yes, very many of the things I'd go for too (but not all of them).

How do you manage without a roof on your house? Doesn't the weather someowhat intrude - albeit you can see the stars when laying in bed.

At least the puddles in the kitchen are now explained - it was raining, wasn't it?

Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:07:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Let's see: She hates driving kids to parties and school, so she would like more kids so she can hate it worse. Okay. I got it.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:40:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Ooops! I forgot to do a Thirteen today. Hmm. Maybe later.

Me, I want a puppy. Any breed will do.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:53:00 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Fab list. I love the last one about earth from space. Now about that chocolate lab.... could I have one for easter please.

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:47:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Great list! Stop by anytime!

Friday, February 10, 2006 2:12:00 pm  
Blogger Me said...

That was a great list. I like the idea of meeting the people who visit our blogs.

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:46:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

I love your wish list!
I'd love more kids too - luckily my husband brings me to reason. And my kids have lots of friends who are always hanging around, so the house is usually full!
We have a chocolate lab - she is the Sweetest thing & we adore her.
Here is my link to thirteen:
http://samanthawinston.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:37:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

You can call yours Firsday Fourteens!
Just pretend you're mispronouncing Thurdsday!

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home