Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another day, another...

I think I might start a betting pool, where you all get to guess how many of my kids will be at home tomorrow and what symptoms they have. Interested? Or is it too easy?

Well I’ll give you today’s. S is now home with the tummy bug, but I’m sure many of you will be relived to hear she hasn’t had any vomiting. With her it’s the other end. What a charming subject, and one which I shall drop right now!

But she isn’t happy. Because when she’s not busy in the bathroom, she feels fine. So for the most part I have a three year old serving me imaginary tea and pushing a dolls buggy around the house, as she asks what we’re going to do today. Doesn’t seem to matter how many times I explain she isn’t going out, my littlest has a spring of eternal hope that I might relent and make her life more exciting.

P is also on the mend (THANK HEAVENS!) He hasn’t been sick since yesterday afternoon when I thought to give him some coke to drink. As a rule the kids don’t get coke, but after reading some of the many uses for the stuff, I figured his insides might be shocked into keeping something down, and sure enough it worked!

No idea how accurate or truthful this information is, but think I’ll share the email I received in case you have some jobs to do around the house:

COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

That's why I drink Pepsi!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:30:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Holy Moly! And to think, I'm drinking this stuff RIGHT NOW! I wonder what else it potentially does. I may just have to do my own experimentation with a few of those things to see for myself how truthful is it! :)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:06:00 pm  
Blogger thewriterslife said...

Yikes! Does Pepsi do the same thing???? I drink it all the time!!!! I have heard of the battery corrosion thing and the nail dissolving and yet I still drink the stuff. It's a wonder I'm still alive!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:21:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Better than WD40. And you can't drink WD40.

(Coke also makes a rootbeer. Would it be just as "beneficial"?)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:24:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Gee, I wonder if this applies to Pepsi too. I tend to drink Pepsi, not Coke. But now I'm drinking wine. There's no other uses for wine other than to get drunk or relax, is there?

I'm going for my second glass.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:50:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Very cool! in the Navy we used to use Kool Aid to remove the green stuff from brass.
Try 7-Up instead of coke for upset stomache.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:57:00 pm  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

As Dave said ... that's why I drink Diet Pepsi. Coke is scary stuff, always has been. We used to clean our tarnished coins with it when we were kids. Eeeewww, wonder what it does to our insides??? Take care, Meow

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home