Monday, February 06, 2006

The Angelic Nightmare strikes again!

S has a problem going to sleep. Or rather she has a problem keeping her hands to herself when she should be going to sleep!

Remember how a few weeks ago she got bored because J had fallen asleep and there was no-one to talk to, so she stuck a bead up her nose? She’s done it again! Got bored I mean, and luckily this time, it didn’t involve any beads or trips to the hospital. Or bean bags. No this time, she lay as quietly as the last, and coloured herself in. Literally.

I doubt we would have known about her artist experiment till the rush of Monday morning, but for her desire for a drink around nine last evening. You would imagine she might have realised we could SEE her endeavours, but remember she’s only three and not the sharpest tool in the box! (Yet!!)

Don't fall for that look of surprise on her face, she did it herself! Like it?




She did, right up until I started rubbing her face, arms, hands and legs with a flannel. But I missed the bit on her tummy till this morning, as I didn't think to lift her nightie!







And of course some of you may be wondering what sort of parents we are, to leave a biro within reach of a three year old (I know at least one of you will be! And you know, that I know, you are!). But it wasn’t just any old biro, it was J’s tiger biro which she got in a party bag and is magnetised and has hung without causing offence or riot, from the barrier of J’s top bunk for the past month. J loves it, and I hadn't thought S realised it was a pen!



But in truth this is nothing new for S. This child, our last (our very VERY last), has expressed her artistic abilities before. In fact so much so, we no longer allow colouring pens in the house. Or paint. Which may be sensible, but is very frustrating for the other kids, especially R who used to enjoy things like Warhammer.

Here are some examples of past art that we remembered to photograph!








The last really isn't so bad, just copying mommy! Each and every time we think we've removed everything that could possibly cause a mess, she loves to prove us wrong!

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

OK, I won't say anything about your parenting skills.

There is a typo though...


Want a clue?




Lift.

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:09:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Thank you, Dave ;o)

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:19:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Where do your kids get that curly hair?? It's fabulous!

The self-painting is also fabulous, as well as funny, and for you, frustrating.

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:59:00 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Sent here by FTS.
Nice to meet you, even though you are answering the door dripping wet with a towel wrapped around you!
Your kids are beauties. The body art merely enhances their good looks!
You must be in the UK with words like 'biro'. Most of your US readers wont have a clue what you mean by that. Luckily for me I am from UK too.
Ill be back! Have a good week.

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:56:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I love it! I'm sure it's frustrating time after time but she's just the cutest thing that I would just have to laugh at her! :)

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:57:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

ROFL I think she shows a lot of artistic talent. The youngest are always the best anyway, take it from me, I know - I am one. ;-)

The pics are so cute!! Of course I can say that, I didn't have to clean up the messes.

Have a good day - and thanks for stopping by today too.

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:02:00 pm  
Blogger Vickie said...

But mom I am just being artistic so why---please let me, if not I'll find something else.:lol:

I was that way as a child and believe you meI have no talent, hope your little one does. I will say she is a cutie pie.

Thanks for the visit and comment today, hope you will return again.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:23:00 am  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

She's too much! You've definitely got your hands full with your littlest angel. She shure is a cutie.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:49:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

VERY artistic. You must be very proud!
Kristy

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:38:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

lol - what a character!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home