Tuesday, December 05, 2006

…here I am again.

(The question is, will I manage to actually finish writing a post and post it?)

I thought, once I got Nano out the way, I’d have some time and be inspired to entertain you with witty moments about my life (ha, as if!), but I’m only just catching up with all the things I should have done weeks ago. And as much as I enjoy Nano, I’m very glad it’s over. I also never got around to posting an exert, but I shall, when I get around to editing it, in 2008 or thereabouts.

Life here is full of the usual rush. My new car was registered on Friday, but not without incident (would it be *my* life, if it had?!), the insurance wasn’t right and so I had lots of running backwards and forwards to get it sorted – which wouldn’t have been so bad, if Fridays wasn’t the busiest day at work. But never mind, I did it, and I have a new car mercedes!

Things at work have been a tad mixed up too, as my boss had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago. Won’t get into the drama of it, but for my part trying to persuade airlines to let a man travel without a passport is a no-goer, even after you’ve begged, pleaded, flirted, and explained they let him in to the UK by air-ambulance, and he didn’t have his flippin’ passport then! But again, never mind, and just call me wonder woman as I got it sorted in the nick of time.

The Christmas activities have begun, but you probably know that, and are facing your own mountain to climb. So far it’s just been a bazaar, but blimey it was enough! They told us to give the children in the infant classes £4 each and a carrier bag with their name on, so I did. But when they price most things at 20p, even a five year old can purchase a heap of stuff. I had thought that at least only having one bag would slow J, but no, they just gave her another, and another.

Wouldn’t have been so bad, if I hadn’t of been taking two other kids home with me. One look at Jack and I groaned, then I told him he could only bring what he could carry. Unfortunately that meant waiting until his teacher managed to load each hand and underarm up, which slowed us considerably. But hey-ho, we have a pile of crap to donate back to them next year!

Jumping subjects completely, I meant to tell you about my discovery last week that S can look angelic. She might often look sweet, but angelic isn’t a word I would often put in a sentence when referring to her (except if followed by 'nightmare').

Here’s why:



(the pictures were taken 10 days apart)


I straightened her hair and was amazed to see what an adorable looking little madam I have. It’s not that she isn’t adorable, in her own way, just that she looks scrumptiously adorable with straight hair. At least I think so. The downside of which is, I want to straighten her hair all the time! Which I know I can’t do, and have only done twice. To date.

Of course J is most pissed off (my words, not hers), as she’s always begging to have her hair straightened, but I think she looks cuter with her curls, so she doesn’t get it often. Plus her hair is thicker, and it takes forever. She wasn’t amused when I did their hair for a Christmas party this weekend (I forgot about this when I mentioned the bazaar was the only Christmas thing we'd done, cripes that's scary! What else am I forgetting? Ha! It's my birthday on Saturday, I forgot about that too. Bugger, another year older. Oops, back to the point)



Here’s J last week with straight hair. The curls are nicer, don’t you think?





Oh, and as you can see, her face has healed wonderfully :o)

5 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

They are gorgeous either way!! funny i was thinking about straightening (well relaxing) mine but when they told me it would be $200 i said nevermind to the free consult. Maybe i'll just get me a plane ticket and you can do it. :D
was so glad to see that little asterik after your name today.
cheers!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:17:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

As you probably won't be posting again before Saturday, can I just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Just hope you get enough space to enjoy it.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 8:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a victim of overly thick curly hair--I can empathize with J. Don't let the straight hair in my picture fool you--8 hours in the chair for thermal straightening and 800 dollars later.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:24:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

In the double pic of S, the one on the right looks just like you!

And

I fail to see the good of Nanowrimo if nobody gets to see what you've written.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:24:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I think it's amazing how different the girls look with either straight or curley hair. S looks like a different child altogether...more grown up with straight hair, and more like a baby girl with curley.

Monday, December 11, 2006 2:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home