Sunday, November 19, 2006

Aren’t we doing well?!

Another quickie post (what’s new?) just to say well done to my Nano buddies! Some of you are so far ahead, I’m left wondering whether you people sleep.

For my part, I’m typing at every opportunity, which isn’t as often as I’d like. But that’s okay, because November is fast turning into my favourite month of the year, and I think it’s down to the demand verses time available.

And I really like this book I’m writing! Last year’s was kind of wishy-washy, but I like the characters more this year and I think it shows. I might even put an exert up before the end of the month (and some of you know how I don’t share, lol!)

Other news includes: staring at my car. Still can’t drive it, but the registration test is booked for the 1st December (oh so fitting!!), and my mother’s Merc is near identical and as I’m still driving that, it’s no great shakes. The BH’s car is still not fixed, which isn’t surprising, because it seems everything the BH and I try to do takes months longer than it would for anyone else.

And life is almost quiet, as my parents are in the Southern hemisphere at the moment. Does that sound awful? I don’t mean it to, it’s just the pressure is off.

I suppose I should also mention J, my eldest daughter. Those who have read me for a while, will know J. She’s the accident prone one – any accident another child could have, J will do with more style! Her latest feat of misadventure involves the school playground, and running too fast before tripping over her feet. This is the result:

To be honest, though it looks bad, I’m not concerned – unlike the other mothers, who were horrified! And the school was too, it happened on Wednesday, and they haven’t let her out to play with the other kids since! They were full of apologies that such a thing could happen, and every teacher I pass tells me how brave she is, and asks after her – but honestly, it’s a scrape, and when you take into account J’s history, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

And the upside was, the following day I took her to the hospital (her face swelled up to the point where she couldn’t open her eye, and I began to worry a little), and I met a dishy doctor called Grant. As it’s not often I meet a man I think ‘Corrrrrr!’ about, I’m mentioning him here! Apologies to the BH, who at least knows there isn’t a man out there with a bum as fabulous as his ;o)

Oh and lastly, I’ve been offered money. It seems someone wants to advertise on this page – have any of you every received emails offering you an annual upfront payment for such a thing? I was surprised to say the least, and I haven’t yet responded. I have taken a peek about, trying to see if it’s some sort of reverse scam, but I can’t find anything. Guess it’s a huge compliment, I think.

Right well, I’m afraid I must push off and type, my heroine is about to meet the hero’s girlfriend, and I mustn’t keep them waiting.

10 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

Poor J! I'm sure it will heal OK, but I bet it stings! I can just picture it happening, her falling.
Your parents are in the Southern Hemisphere? I'd be interested to know where! Africa? South America? or Austrailia!
As well as, I'd be interested in reading your Nanowrimo!! I'm sure a lot of us are!!!
Upfront payment to advertise on your blog? Sounds good, too good.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:34:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Yes, an exerpt!!!

Monday, November 20, 2006 2:33:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Hurrah! Glad you're still alive and kicking.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way ahead of me with NaNo. How do you do it?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 3:27:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I wish I could say that I've been passionate about writing. I started off well enough, but have other things going on that appear to be of more interest to me. I'm disappointed in myself as I so want to write a novel. I do wish you'd share yours.

Carter had an equally nasty scrape on his face two months before his 4th birthday. He met with a treadmill face first! I was horrified, but there isn't a scar so I'm thankful.

Will be posting a picture of my beautiful boy in the coming days.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:45:00 am  
Blogger Susan said...

just browsing through my favorites and I realize its been ages since I stopped in to say hi.
Poor little J does look sore! But kids are tougher than we give them credit for.
Ihave wondered about adverts on the blog. Do they generate more spam or possible virus threats? I know nothing about it all!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:41:00 am  
Blogger Old Horsetail Snake said...

So how much "good faith" money do you need to send this phantom emailer? Be wary, is all I can say.

Monday, November 27, 2006 11:28:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

All i have to say is: no one ever offered me any money! Maybe I should carry a bunch of p0rn ads, since most of my hits are for the camel toe post.

Hope you're doing well!

Monday, November 27, 2006 11:36:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Hey lady! I haven't been around in a while and wanted to check in on you. I hate to see J has had another accident - I'm glad she's OK and I hope she heals quickly.

Would love to read an excerpt from the the book! I remember last year when you were doing this!!

Cheers lady! don't be a stranger!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:36:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

OUCH that hurts to look at.
I finished my nano story lol.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 3:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home