Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And, we’re off!

Nano starts today! That was my first thought.

Shortly followed by, shit, I’ve got to drive on a motorway, in the dark.

Wish it was the writing I was starting. But no, mustn’t get started right now, as I only have half an hour before I have to leave to get the dog to the kennels.

The woman who runs the kennels is very strict; drop off and pick up is only allowed between 7 and 7:30am, then again between 5 and 6 pm. Thinking if she can control me so well, she should work wonders on the dog!

BTW, thank you for all your kind thoughts. I know I don’t have to do Nano, but I SO want to. I don’t have time for writing anymore, or much of an inclination, but I’ve been waiting to do this again for nearly a year, and I won’t give up before I’ve even began.

But I am a lot better. Not because I took a break, but because I’ve been going so fast, I’ve caught up a bit. And on Monday I did slow down – when I got ill. Totally expected, as I ALWAYS get ill before I travel. Thankfully, by yesterday I was feeling better, and I’ve just taken some flu remedy, so should be okay for today.

This business about no liquids on planes, is a pain in the arse. Even lipsticks are banned. Sincerely hope I’ve read the info pages right, and we’re allowed toothpaste and deodorant in our main luggage. If I’m wrong, I’m going to look like an idiot at the airport when I have to repack our bag.

The kids should be up soon. They’re so excited I’m amazed they slept at all! And my Uncle called last night, wanting to see us today. Felt awful explaining we’re on such a tight schedule we can’t stop for afternoon tea. But I’m also thinking we have to make more of an effort to take the children away more often, and maybe next summer we could drive up England. Especially now we’ll have a car that’s suitable for such an adventure.

Suppose I should go and get dressed and get this show on the road.

Oh, and all those taking part in Nano, please let me know what name you’re registered under so I can add you as a buddy (I'm on as Jona), and get depressed that you started so well. Unlike me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Enjoy England. And do drop in next year.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:13:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Have a great time on your trip!!
I'm doing Nanoblopomo(bloggers version).

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:43:00 pm  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hope that you have a great time with the kids and the car!! The weather over here is meant to be cold but sunny for the next few days - good for driving!

I have added you as a buddy for Nanowrimo. I am on as Dancinfairy if you would like to add me.

Good luck!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:18:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

I'm on again, Deb. Find me here. (I haven't written a word yet, either.)

Enjoy your trip!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:41:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I still want to read what you wrote last year!

Friday, November 03, 2006 3:26:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have started and killed everything I have started writing for NANO dang I just don't know what to write about

Friday, November 03, 2006 2:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home