Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen revived!


Thirteen things that make me Me



1. My favourite drink is tea (with two sugars), I’ll take this over anything else, – unless it’s fancy, Earl Grey is too smelly (and I have a poor sense of smell!)

2. I have a problem with shoes, I don’t like them and thus have trouble choosing them. As I child I lived barefoot, but this doesn’t work so well as an adult (though I still have feet of leather and can walk on anything), stable 3” heeled boots are acceptable as they make me feel sexy (stable, because my sense of balance is squiffy – but not clumpy, as I also dislike clumpy), but you’re most likely to find me in walking boots.

3. Most mornings I wake confused. Some days it can take me a full six seconds to work out what day of the week it is, and when it is. And I’m not one for lying in bed. Once I’m awake, I like to get up as lying around just makes me tired again, and I don’t like drowsing as I get even more confused!

4. I like to see the moon as I fall asleep. At night if the moon is up but not in view of the window, I’ll angle the mirror so I can at least see the reflection.

5. I don’t eat breakfast as I don’t get hungry before lunchtime (probably due to all the tea and sugar ;o))

6. I twiddle my hair a lot, hard to say if it relaxes me or whether I do it when relaxed.

7. When nervous I either pull on a pendant (if wearing one, see next comment) or flick my nails off of each other.

8. I rarely wear jewellery, excepting my wedding and eternity rings.

9. I detest being called ‘Love’ or ‘Darling’ by strangers.

10. I rarely find men attractive based solely upon their looks, I need the interaction of a good personality before thinking a man gorgeous.

11. I cannot drive forwards into a parking space without mucking it up, but can reverse into the tightest, most awkward, near impossible, parking space with no problems at all!

12. The sound of someone brushing their teeth brings me out in goose-bumps and makes my toes curl, though I’m okay when doing my own.

13. I believe some essence of me has lived before, however I don’t believe in reincarnation as in the generally used term.







Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Undercover Angel
Helen's world



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 Comments:

Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Great list! My Thursday 13 is up.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:24:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

You're OK, if you drop in for a cuppa, as I keep some ordinary tea in too, for fussy people, so I can keep the Earl Grey to myself.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:33:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Brushing teeth, really? Is your hearing hypersensative to compensate for your failing sense of smell and balance? Hmmm...
Kristy

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:23:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Funny :)

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:41:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Those are some unique idiocycracies. My boyfriend twiddles his hair too and it drives me crazy...nothing more distracting than sitting next to, or having a conversation with someone who is doing that.

I forgot about TT last week, and almost again this week, so I must put my thinking cap on.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home