Monday, March 06, 2006

My head is spinning

You remember the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland? Always zipping about, too hurried to remember where he left his tail, or was it his gloves, no matter, the point is, I’m him!

Don’t know what happens at weekends, I get this daft idea to take it easy, and then come Monday morning I remember all the things I should have done last week, but didn’t have time, and now I have this weeks things to do, plus all the things I didn’t get done last week.

Day has started well though! ALL the children packed off to school, been into town, cursed the library for lending out the book *I* wanted (don’t suppose any of you have Debbie Brown’s 50 party cakes book, do you? I’m after her sugarpaste recipe), popped to the supermarket so now the family will eat tonight, got a wash on, hoovered the house, tidied and swept the kitchen, and AT LAST remember to call the insurance agent.

Almost pleased with myself, except I should have called the agent last Wednesday. It’s all a bloody mess and I did post about it last month. But I forgot to open a new account and now the payment is late again and when I called they tried to add a surcharge. Being that I’m in the wrong, I could hardly get shirty and instead resorted to asking for the same sweet man who knows what a pain in the ass this whole business has been and until this month, knows it hasn’t been my fault. After I gibbered on about sick children and half terms, I begged, BEGGED, him waiver the surcharge. He’s one of four himself, and he obviously recalls his mother going insane and retains some sympathy, because he did! Can you believe it? What a sweetheart! Don’t find many of those these days, and so instead of sitting here ranting about my own forgetfulness and hating my bank (which I do!) I get to say, he’s made my day!

Right, must dash, washing’s finished and needs hanging out (yes! The sun is shinning and for the first time this year I think it’s nice enough to hang the laundry outside! Today just keeps getting better!! But I must wash down the whirligig) and the kitchen floor needs scrubbing, and I really must do the filing and see what else I’ve forgotten to pay, mustn’t forget to get petrol, and I should have gone to the bank, and if I find some time, get back here and write a proper post (wouldn't that be a novelty?!)

12 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

You did more aleady today than I plan on doing all week!
In my dreams!, Tomorrow it's back to work after holiday to be punished for taking time off.
There's a lot of Sugarpaste recipies on the internet, but no Debbie Brown’s 50 party cakes.

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:11:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Mark, I'm after Debbie's in particular as she uses dried egg white rather than fresh, but I'll take a look about, thanks :o)

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:17:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I'm sitting here wondering what a whirlygig is.

Monday, March 06, 2006 2:06:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Anduin, this is a whirligig, don't you have them?

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:03:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm five hours into my Monday and you're making me tired reading all you've done LOL You're doing great and you deserved a quiet weekend. You should be proud of yourself for getting all that done.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:30:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

What exactly is a proper post? ;)
I'm glad there was one guy who decided to make a difference for you.
Remember, staying busy keeps you out of trouble. ;)
Lois Lane

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:08:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I got tired just reading about all you did today. When I think of what little I have done today it pales in comparrision.

I think you are my idol!

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:45:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You mean you got EVERYBODY off to school? What's the secret?

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:22:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

um - can you come clean my house? sounds like you've got it all under control to me!!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:32:00 am  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Jona, you wear me out just READING what all you fit into a day!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:33:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

I really am beginning to think we were separated at birth.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:41:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

except for the hanging the wash out and the sewing; I was referring to the phone call bout the late bill and the fileing. thought i should clarify that.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:45:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home