Thursday, February 16, 2006

So how do you do yours?

Write posts I mean. With me, there’s rarely any planning and I’m usually trying to catch up because I feel late. And when I am late, I feel guilty. And I’m so totally late and behind with everything at the moment. As usual, instead of admitting my poor time management skills, I’m going to blame the kids!

This week is vanishing before it’s begun. What with taxiing R around on Tuesday, then J being off school yesterday because of her school’s open day, and she's off again today (and will be tomorrow) because she’s got the tummy bug (not badly, just enough to keep her off school!), and P finishes at two today for his school’s open evening tonight, and S is only at school till twelve each day anyway, but as we’ve had the worst traffic jams every seen in this island this week (and that’s official!!) instead of getting the usual two and a half hours, it’s been down to two, which may not sound a lot, but is, when it’s your half hour. Get the picture? I’m paddling upsteam, and getting nowhere fast!

So what’s this post about again? Sorry, can’t actually remember! Umm, something to do with being disorganised, and in a hurry. I think.

Oh and the boy called! Five thirty in the morning with him, but lunchtime with us, but he’s there safe and sound and hoping to ski this afternoon. Lucky sod. And he sounded like a happy sod too, which made me happy! Us girls are all missing him, S even started crying yesterday when I grew tired of her questions about when we were going to pick him up. I shouldn’t have snapped at her, but it gets real tiring trying to explain that ten days is longer than ten minutes (which is how often she was asking!)

And I also snapped at J this morning too, told her if she valued my sanity she should sush. It’s the incessant chatter, it drives me mad! Yabba, yabba, yabba, with constant babble. Doesn’t matter what you’re trying to do, it just never ends! And I know, I should be used to kids being like this, but day in day out, when your cooking dinner or driving the car, or listening to the news or trying to pee, it all just gets a tad tiresome when none of it makes any sense, or has a point. And my outburst must have really shocked her, as she was quiet for at least four minutes.

And that’s another thing! Back to the first point, and how long it takes me to write a post. I bet it doesn’t take any of you as long!! I come in my little den and write at five minute intervals hoping for some peace and lucid thoughts. Fat chance. They follow me! And they always want something. Food, drinks, bottom or nose wiping. You can’t blame me if I sometimes lose the point. In fact it’s a wonder if anything, ever has a point! It can take me hours, this post was started mid morning and it’s now heading towards two! Two? Oh sugar, got to go pick P up.

But quickly, must mention Thursday Thirteen, because it is Thursday (isn’t it?), and I don’t appear to have done my TT. Well, I have! But I’m so behind it's on my 40 x 365 blog, I thought I’d combine and catch up a little over there at the same time. So if you’d like to know about thirteen boys/ men from my teenage years, please feel free to head on over.

Hope your week is proving more productive than mine, and with a bit of luck I may get to visit you and find out some time later today!


Added: I remembered my point! It was: an apology for being so sporadic with my posts and visits to all of you :o) (Knew there had to be one somewhere around here.)

13 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Oh well, catch us when you can. Will try not to feel ignored.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:05:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

I started out posting by the seat of my pants but I've changed and usually will write a post the night before or even a couple days ahead. Whenever the writing mood strikes and I have time.

I understand the sporatic, no worries! I'm going through the same thing.

Have a great day!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:12:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

I will quite happily leave a post that isn't flowing right for days until something clicks in the Huw Brain. Who'd have thought?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:52:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Don't let it stress you out. Real life takes over even in the blog world. Plus, when blogging becomes work, it is no longer fun.
The way I blog is if something happens or something is said and my mind says that's funny, I take a note. I go back to the note when I have time. I usually hack out half of a post the night before, reread it fresh in the morning then finish writing and post after I get the morning kid stuff done.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:37:00 pm  
Blogger poopie said...

I still do it on the fly, even after two and half years. Usually I'll grow an idea all day and then write it when I get home from work.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:49:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I let my mind go blank . . .

No. Really. And if nothing strikes me, I put up a recipe.

Friday, February 17, 2006 1:41:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

You're doing great--don't sweat it!
Kristy

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:31:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Post?

Friday, February 17, 2006 11:48:00 am  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I usually post whenever somthing pops into my head (usually it is a blank void in there !!). Quite often it is daily, occasionally more than once a day, sometimes only every couple of days. I don't think it matters when and how often ... no-one's holding a gun to your head telling you to post now. It is supposed to be fun, not stressful thinking about what to post next. No-one will be annoyed at you, don't worry. So long as you come back sometime !!! Take care, take your time, Meow

Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:09:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

I hear ya! You are too funny! sounds like you need a nite out, If I could I'd meet you for a drink.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 3:50:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

FYI: I tried checking out yr. other site and couldn't get there??

Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:48:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

As for me, I don't put much thought into what I'm going to write. I just sit and type. If nothing comes to me, which has been the case for the past few days, then I write nothing at all. It's quite a spontaneous act for me.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:13:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Is your 365 down, Jona? Or is blogger effin up again?

Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home