Sunday, February 12, 2006

I used to be indecisive, now I just don’t know.

Ugh. Normally when you do a spot of decorating you come away feeling pleased about the change. But I’m halfway through papering the office, and have ground to a halt so I can wrinkle my nose and wonder if the design will grow on me.

I bet it won’t. I sort of had the feeling I wouldn’t like it before I began. But I had the paper, and the room needed decorating. And I listened to a man who obviously has no doesn't share my taste. Not the BH I should add. One of his friends.

Actually as soon as I had thought to ask this man's advice, I was on the road to feeling obliged to accept the choice. Not because his opinion carries so much weight, but because I had confided my fear that I wasn't sure I really liked it. Normally confiding such a fear would provide an escape clause. Unfortunately not when the person you ask, frowns before telling you it’s the design he has in his living room and it looks great!

Plus I have another problem, I can’t count. Or rather, I can, but didn’t bother. The paper wasn’t bought with the office in mind. I was bidding online for some bedroom wallpaper, but popped into a local DIY store which was having a sale. They had these six rolls for £1 each, and I figured if I didn’t win the auction, I’d have a back-up. But I did win. And that paper is a lot nicer, so is going up in our bedroom. Six rolls is enough for that job. But not this one.

Course I didn’t think about that until I was tidying up, after finishing a wall and counting how many rolls were left. So even if I carry on, I can only manage three walls. Suppose we’ll have to paint the fourth. Hey, maybe I can angle my desk so I face that one?

9 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I love the way your mind works: Start writing and see if anything good comes of it. It did.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:08:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I saw point your desk toward the unpapered wall! In many offices, there's one wall different - it's suppose to be the 'header' wall or something. Just act like you meant to do it that wall all along! haha :)

Oh, and glad my page is showing when it's updated now. That template has been a pest! Anyway...have a great Sunday lady!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:42:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

urg...saw=say.... i can't type today. sorry

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:42:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Hi, if you’re anything like me, you like your blog to look neat and tidy, so a few friendly editorial comments:

Third para: man’s and also ‘obliged’ (also not sure about ‘with’ – how about ‘to accept’).

4th para: a store which was (rather than ‘who were’) – I think.

5th para: either until, or ’til[l] but not till.

:-)

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:49:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

I do like neat and tidy, thank you, Dave :o)

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:59:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

wow, sounds like me. I've been trying to find just the right shade of tan/beige for my living room. I have 7 samples(of the hundreds i looked at!) painted on the wall and not sure if i like any of them, and i thought this would help.

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:37:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm picky about room color too - I'd paint the wall where my desk faced and just try to ignore the rest - if it's too dreadful maybe there is paint that could cover it.

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:11:00 am  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I for one hope it turns out way better than you could have ever expected. Good luck with the finishing touches. :)

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:04:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I don't know about you, Jona, but I'm sort of glad that 'dave' doesn't read my blog.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home