Thursday, August 11, 2005

The BH got some time to himself today and LOOK what he bought me!

It didn’t cost nearly as much as it looks like it should (he knows how I fret), and he’s put it under the beech tree so I can lie in the shade and watch the children as they play! Isn’t he a dream? He’ll be rewarded later ;o)










I also happened to swing by Doing It My Way and discovered I’d been tagged! This is a new experience for me, and a handy way to fill a post ;o)


10 Years Ago Today: I was 26 years old and just starting to recover from becoming a mother almost exactly one year earlier. It wasn’t an easy time but I was finally learning to cope and there were reasons to celebrate, my son took his first steps and I had thrown my first ever children’s birthday party this week!

5 Years Ago Today: I was 31 years old and enjoying life as a mother. My youngest son had turned two last month, and my eldest turned six yesterday, I was also three months pregnant with my third. At this point, life was sweet as our first home was nearing its rebuild, I was coping nicely with motherhood and my circle of friends was booming through my son’s school life.

1 Year Ago Today: I was 35 years old and recuperating from my eldest son’s birthday sleep-over. It was a nightmare as the builders arrived at seven in the morning and we had boys bouncing off every wall after only five hours sleep! They didn’t go home until after lunch, I did nothing all afternoon with the builders watching!

Yesterday: I’m 36 years old. We had a birthday breakfast for my son with pressies given. Not the best of ideas as we met with family for a big lunch out. In the afternoon we all went up to the sports fields and the kids rode and played (eldest got a new bike and his iPod shuffle – very happy!)

Today: Duty called. My mother has a circle of friends she sees once a week to play tennis and bridge with. The women are a collection of mothers who met on the school run years ago and so have off-spring at the same stages in life. Today was ‘Grandmothers Day’, which meant each grannie had to turn up with daughters and daughters-in law, and every grandchild they possess. Most of these people don’t live on the island, but hey-ho they’re all so wealthy they’re either holidaying here or can pop over. The party was held at one of the grannies homes (a splendid place with tennis court, pool, patios galore, bouncy castle for the lil’uns, games room, and of course – pims) and if I ever made an effort to fit in with these people whom I have known for over twenty years, I would have loved it.

My primary school best friend was there (over from Spain for the month) but as most of the conversations centred on holiday homes and au pairs, I couldn’t offer much and ending up feeling (as I always do) like a fish out of water. My mother says I don’t do social very well – I guess she’s right.

Tomorrow: Ooo, this has become an unknown! Should have been hiding at a girlfriends house while BH attacks deck project with builder, but builder and friend both cancelled this evening, so I’m thinking maybe a trip out to the castle.

5 Snacks I enjoy: Raspberries, blackberries, snicker bars, brazil nuts, and ice-cream.

5 Bands I know most of the lyrics to their songs: Snow Patrol, Maroon 5, Keane, Madness, The Pogues.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Get a driver! And a cook might be handy too. Put an upstairs on my house so the kids could all have their own bedrooms, I would also get an indoor pool added as an extension. BH would give up work and we could holiday! Then I’d start giving it away.

5 Locations I Would Like To Run Away To: Pompeii, Florida, Scotland, Grand Canyon, and Mongolia.

5 Bad Habits I Have: I hint when I should be definite, getting cross when driving, getting cross when shopping, staying up too late, sleeping in later than I should.

5 Things I Like Doing: Writing, soaking in a bath, gardening, reading and sex.

5 Things I Would Never Wear: See through outfits, ra-ra skirt, bikini, platform shoes, lime green.

5 TV Shows I Like: Desperate Housewives, Sopranos, Babylon 5, The West Wing, Star Trek

5 Movies I Like: It’s a Wonderful Life, Twelve Monkeys, 2001, Life of Brian, The Man Who Would Be King.

5 Famous People I'd Like To Meet: Not fussed about any alive today, but with a time machine: Genghis and Kubla Khan, Einstein, Shakespeare, Julius Caesar.

5 Biggest Joys of the Moment: My children take up four (I’m having a good day ;o)), the pressie my BH bought me today.

5 People to Tag: Will they thank me? You’ll have to trust me when I say this is fun to do! Doug, Hoss, Mark, Anduin, and Maureen :o)

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Thanks for the tag. I think it will be a fun post to write.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Hi Debi - thanks for playing. I enjoyed reading through your answers lady!......Thanks again for the link to my site, I added yours as well... :)

Additionally - I love the hammock -- it looks so comfortable. I could definitely take a nap or read a book laying on it...

Friday, August 12, 2005 2:25:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Oy. That's all I gotta say. Oy.

Friday, August 12, 2005 4:47:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hey Doug, I had to look up Oy - are you not thrilled? You could always pass to Bare Rump...

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:43:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Now, that's a thought.

Friday, August 12, 2005 2:55:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I've done part of this before. I will try to do some of the rest of it. Some. Maybe.

Friday, August 12, 2005 6:39:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Oy!

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home