Thursday, July 28, 2005

Who's here?

Out of interest, do any of you like gossip?

I’ve been thinking about this, and am wondering about the personality type that likes to blog. Of course there are many different genres of blog, but I’m specifically thinking about those of us who waffle without direction. I say whatever’s on my mind at the moment I happen to sit down and start typing.

I’m thinking blogging may well be providing a substitute for the gossiping I’m missing in real life. You see, I like to hear gossip, but don’t like to pass it on (I might get caught!). And reading other blogs is like that, but more perfect. If you do happen to spill the beans and repeat what you read, it doesn’t matter because most bloggers are absolute sluts with their hit counters!

By the way, did you see mine went over one thousand? A part of me is thrilled (the blogging part!) but then I’m gripped with fear. What if someone I know reads this? I know, I kind of know some of you, but it’s not the same because we don't see each other in context. We don’t really exist to one another, and my life has no bearing on yours (so I’m chuffed that you choose to hang around for a minute or two and read my little page!)

But… I dread the day when anyone I really know might swing by. And what’s worrying me is I have told someone about this blog. A friend in America, but she’s from real life, and I’ve realised she’s still in contact with a lot of people from here. I told her a while ago but she hasn’t said anything, so I’m hoping she’s forgotten.

If you're here, Cathie, please say hello. But please don’t tell!

8 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I worry about what my parents, sister, and GF v1.0 think when they come round. They all have my blog's address. I know my sister and parents come round occasionally, but as for GF v1.0, I suspect she stays away. Probably doesn't want to know what goes on in my head.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:12:00 pm  
Blogger Josh said...

i only gossip about people i haven't met. btw, have i told you what i heard about that doug hoffman guy?

jk. i'm not really into gossip - i couldn't care less who is boinking who or whatever.

and as far as i'm aware, no one in my immediate family knows about my blogging activities.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:56:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I've had concern about what I write because friends, family and co-workers are now reading my blog. I have to be careful what I say. Kind of not right really, I should be able to say whatever I like.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:06:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

I'm not even sure why I don't want anyone knowing, but I guess I'm afraid RL people will see how I lurch through life grabbing at straws and worrying myself silly over evrything (I get a lot of comments about how calm I am, HAHAHA!!!)

Friday, July 29, 2005 7:36:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Debi: Did you know that Josh... uh, well, never mind...

(C'mon, Cathie, rat her out. It won't hurt her -- Debi doesn't have a mean bone in her body so how could anyone get mad at her?)

Friday, July 29, 2005 4:50:00 pm  
Blogger Me said...

Only a few people at work read my blog, a few at my wifes work, and I think my in-laws do as well.

I do try to keep things light, and on the up and up because of this. I don't think that they would be able to handle me if I totally unleashed. That, and I would not want to cause 'weirdness' at my work or at my wife's work. I do after all work with these people and ocasionally go out with them socially. (Not to mention the Christmas parties).

I guess if I had complete anonymity it would be a different story.

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:26:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hoss, that's a very sweet thing to say! (err, not entirely true, but very sweet ;o))

Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:02:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Josh:

Who is boinking whom.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 3:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home