Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Double quick post!

I meant to post last Tuesday, I can even prove it as I took pictures in anticipation:



Unfortunately the week ran away from me, and here we are another week gone!


Generally I get Tuesdays and Thursdays off, but between the long dog walk I have to guarantee Kobi each Tuesday morning, and then the tidying up, Tuesdays don’t really exist. And then last Thursday, it was a bake day as I had a cake order for Friday evening.

Here it is:




My eldest, R, claimed it was the best cake yet – but he says this every time, though I have to admit, I find this habit rather cute.

The weekend whizzed by, with a swimming party on Friday evening where I had agreed to stay and play lifeguard (damn lucky too, as one mom left her darling there un-chaperoned and without armbands – suffice to say the little dear didn’t do as she was told and stay in the shallow end, and it was thanks to another ‘lifeguard’ asking me if the girl was drowning, that we ran to the rescue and pulled the soggy mess out before it was too late!)

Saturday was a blur with torrential rain, a kids party outside, swimming, ballet, and cycle proficiency (also outside). Can’t even remember Sunday, except I know it was raining hard and we had ballet.

The boss did mention on Monday that he nearly called me to invite my family out to lunch on Sunday – but he didn’t, as his wife had said I wouldn’t go. Umm, I think we would have actually.

Yesterday held a treat. I had to pop into town to get the boys some dance tops for their tap recital on Wednesday. But (there’s ALWAYS a but!) our only dance shop is closed at the moment, so we trudged around the sports shops in hope of finding tops suitable. No such luck, and in the end I bought P a 4 years olds t-shirt (the tops have to be tight). Not yet sure if he realises he’s wearing a t-shirt made for someone half his age, but even he was so fed up with the endless search he didn’t argue when I said I thought it would do.

The treat part came when I called the BH at 5pm to say he’d be home before us, and could he put the dinner on – but he came up another suggestion – why not meet in town and have dinner out? I know it’s only a little thing, but it’s the first time we’ve ever done that on the spur of the moment! Cost a bloody fortune feeding six of us, but heck, who cares?! (I took my happy pill yesterday, and today ;o))

Today’s vanished. But at least I’ve cleaned the bathroom. I’m soon off to help a friend order some stuff off of the internet (you’d be amazed how many people can’t find their way around the net!)

And I’m not getting my Thursday this week as we have ballet exams that morning. To make life more interesting, I’m not just juggling my own darling’s school times, I’m also doing her best friend as her mom is working – wouldn’t be so bad if they were at the same time, but no, that would be too simple, instead they’re an hour apart.

I’ve also had an offer. My friend Cass is supposed to be going to London Friday evening for the weekend, so that she can see Aerosmith in concert on Sunday – but the woman who was supposed to be going with her is nursing her father, as sadly he’s not long for this world, and unfortunately he won’t have anyone else care for him. So I’ve been invited to take her place, and all I’d have to pay for is the hotel.

I’ve said that Cass CANNOT cancel this trip as she’s been looking forward to it for months, but at the same time this trip is kind of wasted on me, as I’m not into Aerosmith, or any of the other bands playing at the festival. Or even festivals at all. Will find on Friday morning if the other woman had talked her dad into allowing hospice care for three days – if not, guess I’m in London this weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like that cake

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:16:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

That cake is awesome. You can actually eat the whole thing? I mean, the girl's cake too, not a doll? You are a baker and a sculptor!

I'd like to get into some swimming classes like your kids!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:29:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

PS I like the top picture, with the low tide! It that a castle back there?
The Old Country!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:31:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

You sound great! and wish I was off to London you lucky dog you. I think you should be seeling those cakes on Ebay!!

Friday, June 22, 2007 3:38:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

DBE - thank you :o)

Mark - I made the girl out of gum paste, which goes very hard - so I wouldn't recommend eating her ;o) and the 'castle' is a Martello Tower which I've talked about before, as I class this Tower as mine(we have lots of them) One day I'll understand the tides well enough to walk out there and touch it :o)

Thank you rdl, and I AM off to London in 8 hours! Help.

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home