Thursday, April 12, 2007

I just have to tell you…

I’ve just been looking at my stats for the first time in months, and I noticed someone found me whilst searching Google for:

‘vet, dog ate my underwear, is he going to die’

Well, if you or anyone else in need of reassurance arrives here again with that question, let me provide an answer…

It is highly unlikely a dog will die (unless maybe your underwear and dog are in extreme opposite *proportions).

How can I be so sure? Watch a young Labrador and their owner when out walking, I really can’t believe Kobi is the only stupid beast who needs help when passing the last of my tea towels. (If I had the inclination, they could probably be used again as he no longer bothers shredding them before consumption. He even managed half a hand towel one day, and those things must suck up any liquid something awful!)

Rest easy, and you’ll only run out of underwear two or three times before the message to ‘Pick your underwear up!’ sinks in. (Suddenly being out of tea towels will irritate you considerably less than suddenly being out of underwear. At least it does me.)

Oh, and if your dog eats a battery, my vet said not to worry about them either.

* And that'd be the dog which is small ;o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hurrah!!!!!! You're back with us!!!!

I'm still really tempted to get a dog. Keep up your stories - you may make the feelings go away.

Friday, April 13, 2007 6:14:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Hang in there with ol' Kobi, Debi. We got lucky this time with Howie, but we paid our dues with Phyllis, who may have been reincarnated as Kobi. We always said the only reason she survived her first two years is because we both didn't want to strangle her at the same time. But she did calm down eventually, and though she was never what one would call a good dog, she had that loving labrador temperament.

I LOVE the green shoes you're wearing in the picture in the post below. :-)

Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home