Sunday, January 14, 2007

The problem with never stopping…

…is that when you do, you collapse from exhaustion!

Where to start?

Christmas? It went fine. No arguments with family at the dinner table (which had to be a first!), and kids happy with all that they received.

The kids?

R: Ugh. Since Christmas we’ve had plenty of arguments with our firstborn. The little git is growing up; damn those hormones! But when I’m not shouting at him, I’m teaching him to squeeze his spots. Seriously. And it turns out the boy can’t use a mirror, though I don’t mean he can’t look in one, just that he can’t coordinate his hands to touch his face where he means to (whoever heard of such a thing?!) – very dangerous when he’s holding a needle!

P: Umm. He listens to R too much. And he appears to be reverting to his youthful habit of throwing tantrums, which doesn’t please me – especially when shopping. And his teeth! Poor boy visited the dentist for the first time this week, and now he needs a filling. He gave me a worried look when the dentist told me (I’m a tad freaky about the kids brushing their teeth!). But it turns out, this particular tooth didn’t form properly and it’s not his fault this one tooth is weak. More worrying is getting referred to the orthodontist when he’s only eight, but now his second teeth are through at the front they can see he’s going to have big problems, and as his bottom teeth are already hitting his palate they apparently need to watch him.

J: Ha! Pity the man she marries! Little Miss Superior (as I’ve taken to calling her) is outdoing herself on all fronts – except keeping her room tidy. Helped us strip wallpaper for an hour yesterday, and was most miffed when we stopped for a break. Really must remind her who is the parent.

S: The funny little one on the end. Wish she didn’t enjoy being the baby so much. And why do kids suddenly return to being clingy? It’s tiring! And not much fun when they’ve at last had a growth spurt and now weigh a ton.

And this week hasn’t been the best. On Monday I had three of them off with a vomiting bug, two on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, back to work on Thursday, then the forth off on Friday with it! And I had to take S to work with me on Friday, not the best plan as she was throwing up before I’d even parked. The boss wasn’t thrilled either, though he let me know in the nicest possible way I shouldn’t be taking sick kids in with me. But what am I supposed to do? I have to be at work on Fridays, as a team of men need paying, and I don’t have anyone to palm my kids off on (where have all the full-time mothers gone? Oh yeah, we’re all juggling kids and jobs!)

On the bright side, I didn’t get the vomiting bug! Don’t feel very chirpy about that though, as I woke up this morning and my chest feels raw. And my shoulders and elbows are aching *sigh*, just what I need!

Got a lot to do today as well. I’ve finished the work I brought home from the office, and I’m at last writing a post, all that’s left is: walking the dog, tidying and cleaning the house, wallpapering one wall of our bedroom (you recall I did it last year? But we have a condensation problem, and yesterday we had to strip one wall), list about two hundred things on eBay, and start a new business.

I want to go back to bed.

But seeing as I can’t, I’ll tell you a bit about this business I’m starting (because I’m so bored with all my spare time!!). It’s basically an internet shop (yet another of my bright ideas to bring in extra pennies ;o)) At first I’ll use dropshippers (as there’s very little outlay), but I’m hoping to move up to stocking luxury bed linen, which will take some funds as I can’t find a dropshipper for that. Once it’s designed and running, I’ll post a link. And if any of you have any advice/tips/leads on this, please let me know.

Still working with the ideas, I can’t quite give up on the cake decorating (I miss it!). Unfortunately my Kenwood is all but dead, and though I’m supposed to be buying a new one (for my Christmas present) and I can’t bear to part with the money just yet. But back to the point, I’ve seen this ‘Cake Decorating Made Easy’ video book for sale and I really want to buy it! unfortunately I can’t afford that right now either, so I’ll have to wait. But isn’t it typical how you see these things right after Christmas?!

So anyway, that’s my life right now, along with a temporary filling that’s bothering me, but I won’t bore you with that as I’m sure you have a life to get back to - hey, I might even visit you and try to see that for myself!


P.s. Don’t have time to check my grammar, feel free to go mad Dave ;o)

11 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Can I just tell you how glad I am that you posted!! When do you ever relax tho?? now that's our problem isn't it?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:13:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

I hope everyone is well now!

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:57:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, there is at least one spelling mistake, but who cares about such things?

Think how much energy you'll have all for yourself when the kids have grown up!

Monday, January 15, 2007 8:28:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

As I mentioned before, its a shame living on a island and having those stomach bugs get recycled over and over again. Carter has only ever thrown up twice in his 7 years and I'm sure I recall your children throwing up at least three different times since I started reading your blog.

Anyway, that eBay idea is great...I have thought of it a few times too and even bought books on the subject. I don't have the time for it though...all the pictures and writing the listings, etc. Very time consuming.

Just glad to hear of you again and know that you made it through the holidays in one peice. Happy New Year...stop by sometime for a read.

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got exhausted just reading your post. I am gasping for air.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:44:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Well, It sounds like you're keeping busy, and I was worried you gave up your blog as a new years resolution!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 3:37:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

ok it's almost a month now, we need a post from you.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:50:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Come back soon. I miss you.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:03:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Me Too! Let's hear from you, Debi.

Monday, February 12, 2007 7:43:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Are you ever coming back? Please do.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:12:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Ok girl, just whip out a post for us fans!! any little crumb will do. please!!

Friday, February 23, 2007 2:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home