Saturday, April 28, 2007

No rest for the wicked…

Two cakes this week! I’m sure I’d be thrilled if I was trying to start a business, but as I’m not, I’m kinda wondering how these things happen... and I’ve lost count of the number of orders I’ve got, I think it’s six not counting my own kids, but I really must start writing these things down…anyways, I'm definitely getting *better!

Here’re this week’s two:







And in case you’re too old to know, the first picture is of the Power Puff girls… I think, or maybe it’s Powder Puff, yikes I really should pay more attention! And, yes, that's foam you can see, but it's for support until everything is dry, not eating.

If you're thinking you've seen the second one here before, you'd be right, as lots of little girls like the same things!

Other news includes three parties within twenty-four hours – not recommended by the way, or rather having four kids who get invited to parties, isn’t recommended.

And ballet. Tomorrow at ten. Ten in the morning, on a Sunday. UGH. Not that I’m not up, thanks to the damn dog (I at least, have the kids trained!), but I like taking it slow at least one day a week. And I'm hoping to wallpaper my bedroom wall (that’s re-paper for those who’ve been around long enough), as my Christmas present from my parents finally arrived. I should add, it’s so late because I couldn’t decide what to get, rather than my mother being slack.

It’s a picture, a beautiful picture of a beach, and I stare at it thinking how much I’d like to walk right onto it. And talking of beaches, this good weather is a pain! Whenever the sun comes out all the ‘fair weather’ beachgoers show-up with their little darlings and glare at my big bad dog. I glare at him too, but I’m allowed.

He’s just thrown up by the way. It appears he ate the play-clay S won on the pass-the-parcel game. The BH is calling him in, but I'm thinking there was more…



* 'Better' at cake decorating, not writing things down...

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awesome cakes

Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:03:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Ooooh. When I vist Jersey next year, do you think there'll be a freshly-baked cake waiting for me in my cottage?

Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:04:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

They are unbelievable - i hope you're charging plenty for them.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:43:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You ought to put your cakes in a prize competition, and then send them to me.

Monday, April 30, 2007 1:18:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Youshould open up that cake shop you always wanted. No doubt

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 8:00:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

HI! Just did some catching up with you. I haven't read anyone's blog in a long time and was glad to see you've had some posts! I've missed our emailing and sorting out our various problems. You sound like you're doing well, although still busier than a one armed paper hanger!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:12:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Martin said...

Those are the cutest cakes! You have a talent ghat can't be denied. You really should open a storefront.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:20:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cakes are absolutely beautiful and professional. Listen to Mark and Daisy, open that store.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:05:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day

Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home