Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I’m so relaxed all I can do is waffle.

I haven’t been this relaxed since… I can’t remember.

And I don’t want it to stop.

But as I know it will when school starts, I’m not as relaxed as I could be. And it’s half-way through the BH’s holiday, which is also a worry as I quite like having him about (I can’t say totally ‘cause I get no privacy, and I like a little).

It’s a shame he’s such a good husband and doesn’t provide me with bitching posts, as those blogs are so fun. I could tell you what a wonderful husband he is, but everyone does that and if he found this blog, his head’d get too big.

So back to me. I’m relaxed. AND that's after I drove this morning. AND it was because I had to drop my No.1 son’s friend off after a sleepover AT OUR HOUSE. How amazing is that? I’m amazed.

So are the children. And they’ve helped! Every time one of them whacks/ laughs at/ teases/ screams at another, I simply ask if they like new improved mommy or shall I become a raving lunatic (again)? They know I mean it, they’ve seen it

But I don’t have the kids this afternoon (I know you can tell because I’m here. And relaxed.) so maybe that’s helping. The kids have gone to the Maze with the grandparents. With any luck they’ll get lost.

But back to me. I emailed Hoss yesterday and he suggested sharing some history about my island. And as Doug asked about the castle the other day, I’m thinking it might be fun.

But I’m too damn lazy relaxed. So I’m borrowing an idea of Hoss’s (hope you don’t mind) and will feature fact snippets at the end of my posts to bore you senseless entertain you each day.

And talking of blog things (I know I wasn’t really, but my mind wanders) how do you know which words make people come to your site? I do know that the counter site can tell you if you pay them money each month, but as I don’t want to I googled to see if there’s any way to tell for free.

I didn’t find anything to do with that, but I found a blogshare game instead.

They trade blog shares. They assess blog worth by the number of blogs linking to a site, and each of those blogs has a worth and that affects the originals worth. I think, or something like that.

Then I found me. THEY ASSESSED ME! My site has a blog share value of B$2,697.61. I feel like I had a test and no one said! They assessed you too, by the way.

I'm not sure I like people watching how many links I have so they can win a game. And I don't think anyone's bought any of my shares. I'm depressed (but still relaxed!). The only thing that cheered me up was that when I link someone from my blog, I’m worth B$254.33 to them.

---x---

And now that you've read down this far, is it me or do the weather girl's boobs look huge in that dress?

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Oh my God! How can you be relaxed after having a sleepover at your house? You aren't drinking "funny" tea are you? I'm glad you are relaxed, but OMG I can't figure out how.

And yes, the weather pixie does look like she has huge boobs in that dress. Must be the stripes. I think I'd better go buy myself a striped shirt. Oh who am I kidding, a striped shirt i the last thing I should be wearing.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 7:43:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

LMAO! I have had a great time reading this post. You, my friend, have made me smile and laugh! And no, I don't think the weather girl's boobs look huge in that dress! Are you on drugs today? :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 10:35:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Not everyone here will admit to having a favourite breed of cattle, but I do.

The Jersey :)

http://users.rootsweb.com/~wieaucla/jerseychinrest.jpg
(would you look at that face!)

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:19:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Oh shoot. It didn't show the picture.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:20:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Now you're just teasing me. When are you going to get down to the Clamour (sp) and the wife-beating and the language/oddity?

You got posts coming out your ears that I will love to read.

Oh, by the way, stay relaxed. You are a wonderful person, then.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:26:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

No, they don't look huge. They look about apricot-sized to me.

Yeah, Blogshares is a mighty weird phenomenon. I don't see how it could be fun to anyone, but apparently it is. Meta-blogging, that's what it is. Weird.

Finally got Karen to start reading the novel. We were discussing the prologue last night and now I'm fretting about it again. You'll see some changes before all is said and done, I'm sure.

See ya!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:26:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Doug – she’s not wearing the dress today, you missed the stripes! (Her boobs were HUGE! I know WM disagreed, but I’m right ;o)) And stop fretting! The masterpiece is done, it's great and anything you change is a bonus :o)

Hoss – I thought I should start with some background… but maybe I should head straight for the nutty stuff? And talking of nutty stuff, I’ve bought you a book on Jersey but started reading it! Hope you don’t mind waiting an extra day or two ;o)

Maureen – I saw the picture, it could have been taken over my garden fence!

DM & WM – Now there’s an idea ladies!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home