Thursday, August 18, 2005

How sweet is that?

Wow, this new relaxed persona can take a shaking!

I know this because it took me a full twenty seconds to utter a sound after catching my youngest on the back step.

It took my brain that long to assemble the thoughts: why is S crouching just outside the door? I can hear water. Is she pouring something? Why are her knickers around her ankles? AND REALISE WHAT SHE WAS DOING, I then did the worse thing possible and laughed!

Apparently my daughter felt the urge for a breeze as she peed because P had done it the other day, and so stifling my giggles by attempting to visualise what a craze like this could do to my social life, I called him in.

The look of disgust on his face reassured me she was mistaken, but then he piped up ‘I peed on the beach at the castle the other day. Dad told me to.’ Well I can hardly tell him off for that – especially if his father told him to!

So I just told S she mustn’t do it again.

We’re up to three breezy pees now, and she screamed like a banshee when her father carried her into the house after catching her trying to poop down by the beech tree.

For some reason I’m amused, and I think I should be allowed to make the most of the feeling ‘cause I know it’s going to get old real quick!

4 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

hehehe..too funny....

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:21:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

When I was 5, I peed on the neighbors porch. then I said it must have been their dog. Unfortunately for me, their dog had gone missing a week before. I had to scrub their porch with a brush and bucket of hot soapy water.
I remember it well.

Friday, August 19, 2005 11:36:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Yup, it'll get old . . . the first time it happens in the middle of a busy mall ;o)

Friday, August 19, 2005 3:04:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee whiz, Debi. Two posts in one day, with good news, bad news, funny news. You rawk.

I read your comment on my site. You wanna live in Central Oregon, which matches your desires exactly. It's also real pretty.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home