Saturday, July 14, 2007

I’m not happy with it!




Which – considering I’ve been working until 11 for the past three nights, and fighting a cold – is simply not on!

It probably looks alright in the photo, as you can hide a multitude of sins with camera angles. But up close? The woman looks hideous! And I worked from pictures of the couple (though they were dressed in those!); I hope the wife doesn’t hate me for giving her so much extra weight, no neck, and dreadlocks.

I don’t think I’m going to accept cake orders from people I don’t know any more. That’s once I get past next week, as I’ve already accepted that order, but at least that one’s for a child and they’re more easily pleased.

Other news includes P turning 9. My baby boy is growing up so fast, and I can’t stop wishing I could have another, even if I have accepted it would be totally impractical (not to mention impossible).

Being a terrible mother I kinda forget my own son might like a cake, but he reminded me just in time and I started it at 4 last Saturday, and finished at midnight. He was happy.

Until he got his present. You may recall he was saving up to go halves with me on Pleo, but unfortunately they’re not out until the end of October, and that’s in the US, could be months after that before we see them. So once we knew Pleo was out the window, we opted for a remote control helicopter. Great. Except the damn thing wouldn’t charge.

Not to worry, I immediately ordered another and posted back the original. The new one arrived on Wednesday. Great. Except a spring was missing from the battery compartment. I immediately called again and was assured a third would be sent out pronto. It’s still not arrived. Neither has the £15 token they promised to email for all the trouble.

I give up. I’ve got a stinking headache, I haven’t slept properly in days, my chest hurts, and my nose won’t stop running. Oh, and I’m still fat.

On the upside, School’s nearly finished! The three youngest break up on Wednesday lunchtime, typically the eldest has to be different and finishes at 3:30 on Friday. I can’t wait, which I know sounds almost daft (wishing four kids upon myself all day long), but it’s the running around to such a tight schedule which kills me – and that’s what we’re getting a break from!

P’s also doing great at school and won an award yesterday for his improvement in maths (came with a £5 book token too!)

Plus the boys’ had their tap and modern dance exams late yesterday afternoon, both think they done alright, but we have to wait six weeks for the results.

Well I suppose I should go get rid of this damn cake…hopefully those eating it won’t be looking at the woman.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Oooooh! A rude cake.

I'm still hoping to visit Jersey next year (if I can find somewhere to stay) but you mustn't feel under any pressure to bake me a cake.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Presumably, as the pictures were dressed, you had to work from memory - or do you just have a very vivid imagination?

Monday, July 16, 2007 3:54:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

I think her dreadlocks are fine... but the dreadlocks he's sporting are fantastic

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:53:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I would think the man will be thrilled with the ample penis you've given him!!! That cake is the most awesome thing I've ever seen!! You rock!

Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:07:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

impressive cake!! and hey i've given you an award, stop by to accept when you have time.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home