Monday, July 18, 2005

Double happy!

My friend popped by and dropped off some of the money she owes me! I’m stunned. And still confused.

She was without baby and dressed beautifully and I commented how nice she looked, and she didn’t hesitate to say she’d been for an appointment at the hospital. Being in the dark over her mystery ailment I offered her tea and a chat, but she wouldn’t stop saying she couldn’t talk about it yet, and that she had to hurry home ‘coz her partner was babysitting but needed to get back to work.

What I find confusing it that when I don’t want people to know something – I don’t say anything. Whereas she’s dropping hints all over the place and obviously wants me to insist she sits down and talk (I wasn’t insistent today). Post-natal depression has occurred to me (again) but another friend who had it, got so bad she didn’t want to leave the house and couldn’t do anything alone. This friend knows I helped out the other with childminding and shopping, so she must realise I’d understand. And ultimately, if I was sick I’d want my BH and baby with me at the hospital – so I don’t know what to think!

Except that – I have my money!! Granted, there’s still a hundred pounds to come, but WOW I feel better!

Guess who might now get a bouncy castle for her birthday party* on Sunday?



*(err, sudden thought – if you’ve never read my blog before, the party is for youngest, not me!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

That's wonderful news about your friend paying you back. My husband and I have a policy. We never lend out something we're not prepared to give away. I bet you can guess, I don't lend much out these days. Hubby is much better at letting things like this go than I am.

New blog template? I was very surprised. It does look good though.

Monday, July 18, 2005 5:09:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Aw, Debi, let yourself enjoy the bouncy castle. You deserve it ;o)

Monday, July 18, 2005 5:24:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Or, you could boy a buy a mini iPod.... heh.

Monday, July 18, 2005 7:16:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I'm glad to hear you got some of the money back. I must admit I was thinking you would never see any of that money again. I am glad I was wrong.

By the way, I like your re-design. way cool!

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:17:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Anduin - that's a good policy, and one I think I shall adopt!

Doug - Ssssshhhhhh!

Hoss - I wish, but it's too much. I've a list as long as my arm (just like R!) for things that are wanted/needed. But he won't go short, and I'll make sure he has a good birthday :o)

Daisy Mae - thank you! And the best bit is we might even still have a friendship at the end of all this (just not one where I lend her money ;o))

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home