Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Muppet or bitch?

I’m feeling miserable.

Saw my friend today at school. (The one who owes me money, and hasn’t returned my numerous calls over the past week.) She walked up bold as brass, but I couldn’t even raise a smile. I was incredibly rude and simply asked if she had received the text messages I sent (asking if she could meet me and sort the situation). Whereupon she looked confused (like they’re some distant memory she shouldn’t be expected to recall) and mumbles something about getting the money to me on Friday.

I suppose I should’ve be pleased. But I wasn’t, because we should be passing each other tomorrow and she could get it to me then – if she wanted – or heaven forbid, she could even think of making the long arduous journey across the island to my house!

Anyway, I really had nothing else I wanted to say to her, so I turned and watched the girls play. And here comes the real cracker! She burst into tears and walks away.

J, (her god-daughter) starts calling after her and keeps asking what is wrong. Of course, by then I was feeling like a total heal and told J to stay put while I followed her.

I’ve never seen her cry before. Not even when she left her husband. I stood there feeling wretched and asked her what was wrong. But she wouldn’t talk to me. Told me to go away before her son came out of school and saw her crying. I obeyed and left her alone.

So, now I feel like a bitch. Maybe she’s suffering post-natal depression. Maybe I’m a fool and she’s playing me.

One thing’s for certain, I not enjoying being a bitch or a muppet.

Sorry folks, crappy post for a crappy mood.

3 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

Debi, don't worry about that cryin' BS and get your money.
I don't care if her pet monkey got run over by a raindeer driving a steamroller, she ripped you off and owes you the money. She can cry about her personal problems after she pays you back.
Betcha she doesn't pay you back friday either!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 11:50:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Debi - I'm easily manipulated too, so I understand completely.

But you did nothing wrong.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:05:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

"You know what you can do with your tears, Kimberly (or whatever her name is)? Use 'em to flush the shit out of your system, cuz you're full of it, darling. I don't buy it, not for an instant."

Or,

"Oh, God, Kimberly, I never knew how close you were to a complete and utter breakdown! Darling, is this a ten hanky cry or a twenty? Should I call 911 (or whatever emergency is on your island)? I think a great big ampoule of thorazine injected up your ass would do you a world of good, darling, I really do."

Just off the top of my head.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home