Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday? Not again!

I don’t really mind Mondays, on one level there’re the quiet after the storm. But on another, they’re the prompt that I’ve got to pull my finger out and get things done!

This week must do’s:

Send S’s birthday party invitations (the first we’ve ever done for her!)

Finish month end accounts (yep, I do actually have a real paid job!)

Kill part of garden due to be covered with deck (I’m after advise on this – my preferred option is liquid nitrogen, but as I can’t get any I’m going to have to find something else that won’t be poisonous to the wildlife. Any ideas? And no, I don’t have time to dig the slope!)

Must remember R’s dentist appointment (forgot last one!)

Make hair appointment (as unimpressed husband keeps humming the Munsters theme tune whenever I wear my hair down!)

Must read school newsletters – once I find them (am always last to know which teachers will be teaching my offspring!)

Make Doctors appointment for ECG (have purposefully put this off as am afraid of cost!)

Call plumber and order wallpaper for cloakroom (I know this won’t get done, I’m still broke. But if I add it to list – I’ll remember to transfer it to next weeks!)

Post god-daughters birthday present (yikes, I owe her several years worth as I’m always too wrapped up thinking of my kids birthdays! Am terrible godmother.)

Book summer activities for kids (oh why bother, everything will be full by now…bad, bad mother!)


Right. Must get off computer and prove that I’m not such a lousy wife and mother.

2 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hmm. Things you could hum for your husband at appropriate moments.

Making Flippy Floppy by the Talking Heads? (I'm not sure of the title)

Beef Bologna by Fear?

It's tough coming up with one-liners some times . . .

Monday, July 11, 2005 2:35:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

LOL! I might just try that, Doug!

Monday, July 11, 2005 3:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home