Friday, July 01, 2005

Something Secret

Observant readers may notice I rarely post at weekends, or yesterday. There is an obvious reason for this -- my blog is unknown to all in RL, and when my husband is home I don’t get any privacy, and he’s been home yesterday and today.

I didn’t intend not to tell anyone about my blog, but I didn’t mention it straight away and if I mention it now, it may appear that I was keeping something secret, and so now…I guess I am.

I’ve had moments of guilt about this, which in other moments, amuse me. The fact that I type here is hardly the secret-of-the-century, and I haven’t yet really bitched about my friends or BetterHalf (yeah I know I moaned about my husband’s meanness over my things, but I said the same to him, so it doesn’t count!)

I’m actually quite surprised I’m getting away with it. Or maybe I’m not. You see, the BH runs a college computer network and they’ve got Ranger (an all seeing package that allows no-one any privacy) and for all I know, we may have it at home.

But it’s quite nice to imagine I have a secret, and it’s a harmless one so I’ll be back soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hm. What about when your husband finds out about the strange men you have writing to you?

Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:59:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Oh come on, Doug, you're not that strange!


(You kinda walked into that one ;o))

Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:44:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I have never told anybody I know in person knows about my blog. But its not a secret, anyone who knows my email address can look at my profile and click a link to my blog. But still, I haven't told anyone. And I've been wondering why I don't want to.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 6:21:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I can tell you first-hand DON'T tell your family and friends about your blog! My mother found out about mine and blabbed it to everyone. Then my relatives started emailing me saying stuff like "I didn't like your post yesterday, could you write something a little more upbeat today". "Could you mention your brother in your blog, he is feeling left out because you haven't written about him lately". Stuff like that. So I changed blog addy's and make 2 of them. A "real" blog and a tame blog for the relatives.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:41:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Oh Daisy mae, I hadn't even considered those things ~ but I'm real glad it is a secret now!

Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home