Friday, July 15, 2005

Bits and pieces of my week

J and S attended the leaving assembly at their nursery. S won’t actually be leaving for another year, and because of this (?) mine were the only dry eyes in the house!







P attended his infant block leaving assembly. Each boy had to stand up and say something they liked about the school. When P’s turn came, he just sat there. For the first few seconds people tittered with amusement (assuming he’s forgotten his words) but I wondered otherwise! And I guess the deputy head did too, ‘coz she got up and gave him a pleading smile (which worked). He can be a sour git at times!

I’m very glad he’s moving up to the juniors as they shuffle the boys and with any luck he’ll no longer have to see The Tormentor (ooh and incidentally, after being bitten, he then got accidentally kicked in the face – by The Tormentor, grrr!)



J took her ballet recital very seriously! But blimey, it was hot in that room and they cut it short as we began to melt. I’m dying for air-conditioning to catch on, but I guess if it hasn’t yet…





R visited the dentist and needs two fillings. I lectured him the whole way home, and then in the evening, his father did it properly.


Today is the final day of the International Island Games (this year held in the Shetlands), and Guernsey have won, again.

As far as I’m aware only three other islanders read this blog – Moxie in Bermuda, who wrapped up the women’s gymnastics very well (not Moxie personally, or I’m sure she would have mentioned); and Mark in the Caymans, and the third islander is Karen in Trinidad, but they're not competing.

I have to admit my interest in The Island Games doesn’t stretch as far as it could, and with too many people like me about the place, it’s maybe why Guernsey keeps winning!



The World in Residensea visited the island this week. This is one big ship! And this was as close as it could get to our harbour.

When I first read about The World ship, I winced at the thought of living on board for more than a few weeks at a time, but having viewed their itinerary the idea has grown on me!



Here a couple of pictures of the girls in the garden this afternoon, please note that the lawn has now been cut.

They broke up at lunchtime and so summer holidays 2005 have officially begun!








And P’s second front tooth has just come out – thank gawd for that, there was blood everywhere at the dinner table when he bit into his pizza! And now he’s my baby-gummy-boy again, ahhhhhhh…..

4 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I get bizzy for a day or two, and you write 10K words!

That is one big fat f'in ship, by the way.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:24:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I enjoyed your post! I love the pics, except... someone seems to be missing, hmmmm - I wonder who!!! :-D
AND, I didn't waste any time clicking on the radio station link. (I'm listening now).
At the Truman Bodden Sports Complex here, they do all kinds of track events, very extensively. I'm not familiar with hammer throwing though! Our girls basketball team recently kicked butt in Gibraltar Island Games 2005. undefeated! (Are we talking about the same games?) My co-worker was there, she is on the basketball team!
None of the cruise ships can fit into our port, all have to anchor out. I hope the The World in ResidenSea comes here! I've heard of it too. Once I did 78 days at sea straight, but not on a ship like that!
Oh and the lawn... Immaculate!

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:31:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Mark, basketball wasn't on offer in these games, but the Caymans did rather well in the athletics and swimming! Thanks for noticing the lawn ;o)

Saturday, July 16, 2005 7:44:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

So, thanks to your report on the Games, I can now figure out you must live on Jersey. Now I have to go to Google maps to figure out where that is (I know generally, but not specifically).

Your kids are something else: two speed merchants. Congratulations to both on their athletic prowess, and their grades.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home