Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I choose muppet!

After the earlier misery of my previous post, I have now come to the conclusion that I make a lousy bitch, and am therefore making the decision that I would rather be a muppet. After lying in bed for the last two hours, I have realised one I can live with the other I can’t.

I hereby promise to put this whole bloody mess behind me and move on. Tomorrow I shall text my friend and let her know I’m here for her if she wants to talk. I’m not even sure whether we have a friendship left, but as I’m not a bitch, I shall make the offer in good faith and hope that we can salvage something.

Many thanks to Moxie and Mark for their encouraging words, but I just can’t live like this :o(

3 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Wow, you must be my twin. I have a simlar situation. Long story short, my friend owes me $25. I eventually stopped asking for the money back and stopped talking to her. She called and called. I finally tell her why I am upset and she apologizes up and down and swears she forgot and she feels so bad for doing that to me and putting our friendship in peril. So she buys me a yankee candle as an early birthday present. (last November)and is so sweet over it all that I end up feeing like a big meanie. Still no $25 that she owes me. I decide it's not worth losing a friend over. THEN she calls in January and asks to borrow my credit card to put a weeks worth of hotel room on for when she was going to Denver. THAT ended the friendship.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:07:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

So you can't be a bitch. But do you need to be a muppet? Godmother or no, I'd sever ties with this manipulator. She'll do it to you again, Debi, and each time, you're going to lose more and more self respect.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:29:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Thank you Daisy and Doug, I know, I know, and I woke-up this morning and decided it was over. It's just... you don't expect this between friends and I keep asking myself what I should have done differently. I don't want to become the type of person that can't trust others, and so I learn the hard (and expensive) way!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home