Monday, July 18, 2005

Bad sleeping habits

It’s safe to say I’m a night person. As soon as the lights go out my mind goes into overdrive. And what’s really driving me crazy is I want to type all the time. This, by the way, is a good thing because for the past year I haven’t been typing much at all. And that was irritating beyond belief!

The trouble is, before, my typing had a purpose in the direction of my still un-edited, very long-winded book. And I probably could persuade myself to write stories again – if it wasn’t for this blog! I’m really enjoying putting down my thoughts and pleasures each day, and so instead of being productive I’m sitting here taking up your time!

Not that my writing was ever productive. I only ever shared the first three chapters and I can’t see myself overcoming my shyness, not that I even want to. You see, I was quite happy tapping away, but my BH kept expecting me to write something I could do something with. So, very truthfully, I explained that compared to most other people, my stuff was crap. This didn’t (and still doesn’t) bother me in the least. I never wrote expecting anything, I wrote because it felt good. Unfortuantely this was seen (by my BH) as a challenge I should overcome and he encouraged into the big wide world, whereupon I discovered I was even more crap than I thought! And that shuddered me to a halt.

But now here I am, at ten past two in the morning, fullfilling a strange urge to tap. Umm, maybe this blog is productive, I get to feel good without the guilt of never editing because it’s all over as soon as it’s posted!

Arrghh, I’m waffling and I’ve got to be up in five hours. Must get to sleep. Must! Must! Must!

Night all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

Thank you, Moxie, and right now this blog is proving enjoyment enough! I'm thinking if I tap away here for a year or two, if and when I have the time think about stories again, they should be better for the practice ;o)

Monday, July 18, 2005 12:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home