Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Something nice to say about a Doctor

That lovely, sweet, young, dashing doctor who came to my house a few weeks ago (the one I ranted about) sent me note today saying he’s reduced the bill ‘coz he realises he must have left at six pm (cheaper rate) to arrive home by quarter-past. I’m bothering to mention this ‘coz I thought it only fair after ranting about it!

And talking about doctors, I’m enjoying my final cup of tea of the evening ‘coz I’m having blood tests tomorrow and I’m not supposed to have anything to eat or drink (other than water) after 8pm. Why is that? I get that they don’t want anything in your system when they do the tests, but why 8pm? The doctor didn’t know what time my appointment would be when he told me this, and doesn’t know what time I go to bed; so how can the time be so accurate?

But I am glad I’m seeing the doc tomorrow. If I wasn’t then I’d be making an appointment because I’ve been poorly of late. Notice I don’t say ill. Ill insinuates vomiting/fever/something horrid, and what I have is seems to be in slow motion and has crept up with headaches and aches. I’m not good at being poorly and have reached the point of fury with my body. But not to worry, can almost guarantee I’ll be feeling chipper tomorrow morning (right up to half an hour after I leave his surgery!)

The up-side of an occasional physically enforced slow day is I spend extra time here wandering through other peoples blogs. I think I’ve become obsessed (Doug, I am blaming you for this one!).

As I’ve yet to discover a directory that lists all possible blogs in a coherent fashion, I find myself following links off links and comments, and the routes they follow truly fascinate me. I watch clusters of like-minded people follow each other in loops and then suddenly branch in diversity and content. Sometimes I come across lives I feel no right to read about and I hurry away almost embarrassed at my nosiness. And then there’s comments; I never know whether I should leave them. Will this person really want to know I’ve read their blog? I’m rarely sure, and so, mostly leave quietly feeling like a voyeur.

3 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Attention hog that I am, a while ago I used blogger's 'next blog' button (it's usually at the top of the page) to hop at random, and I left messages from Bare Rump at a number of sites. You're right -- some of these blogs are intensely personal. And I'll bet the beautiful 20-ish Malaysian gal with depression never thought she'd get encouragement from a ten-foot-long tarantula.

But, alas, traffic still crawls at Ms. Rump's site.

See ya!

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:05:00 pm  
Blogger Deborah said...

I think most people love getting comments--it is hearing, "I stopped, I read and..." E-mails from people who have read your blog are even better. In a nutshell, I think people who blog do it hoping for the acknowledgment that comes from a someone who read. Comments are good, e-mails (Unless they say something like, "Can I have your used panties" even better.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:30:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

My jaw just fell!! Deborah, please tell you're kidding, has someone really asked you for your underwear? That would freak me out BIG TIME!

But I do like getting comments :o)

Hey Doug, I tried the next blog button and viewed some odd blogs ~ then a box appeared and told me if I wasn't a 'friend' I couldn't go further. Hmmpphh!!

Friday, June 17, 2005 9:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home