Monday, June 13, 2005

And the most neurotic mother award goes to…

This morning my first born waved cheerfully as he said goodbye. I managed a weak smile, told him I loved him, and swallowed back my tears. This amused the majority of the other mothers, and one even asked why I was upset when I have three others still at home. I stood there feeling totally lost as my girls reminded me they were late for nursery and tried to drag me out the terminal. I was the last parent there.

As the final group of boys approached customs R’s teacher (who’s a friend of a friend, and a total *STAR*) came over and asked if I was alright. Of course being asked made me feel a tad foolish, and I tried to laugh my teary expression away.

He took pity and leaned in close. “Look, don’t mention it to the other moms, but would you like me to give you a ring tonight, and let you know how he’s doing?”

I could’ve kissed him! Of course I can’t speak to R ‘coz then the other boys would find out, but I’m feeling better.

~sob~

2 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hang in there. I hate to think how we're going to feel when our one-and-only leaves the nest (despite the fact we fight all the time).

Monday, June 13, 2005 2:56:00 pm  
Blogger Mother of EVK said...

I share your pain and I realized my oldest daughter turned 18 today and in a couple of months she will be off to college. Last night it really hit me and it kept me up all night in a panic. This panic was further fueled by the fabulous trip to Mardi Gras I'm planning to take her on next month. Now I'm wondering WHAT I was thinking??! I'll be leaving my two little one's (3&7) at home with dad while thier sister and I (their "other" mother)and I will be on a plane TOGETHER which could crash and leave them motherless! Okay...I'm totally freaking out! I SOOOO feel your pain.

Thursday, January 04, 2007 3:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home