Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I was just going through some old emails.....

I’m not at work today. I could be, as there’s always work to be done – but I’ve found that I’m getting very little time to myself these days and so am trying to re-structure my time to get more from it.

I’m mainly achieving this by working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until the kids kicked out of school. It’s panning out okay, just means the poor BH has to run home on those days and sort the Beast out.

And the Beast deserves a post all of his own – but I really don’t have enough time to elaborate just now ;)

Back to my point, as I’m sure there was one here somewhere…

The two days off I’m again getting, is spent rushing about like a headless chicken trying to figure out where to start.

Today is supposed to be house cleaning, but I seem to have got caught up here, (procrastinating?) and the only cleaning done so far is virtual…..

The old email I was originally writing about was from another blogger, and they made a comment about me suffering from depression in it. It’s from two years ago.

It’s got me thinking. Was I really that low? I’m still on my happy pills, still have days when I really don’t want to get out of bed, let alone leave the house – but I don’t think I have ever thought of myself as suffering from depression.

And I know plenty of other moms on happy pills, who also don’t consider themselves as depressed – in fact I was with one yesterday filling out a job application where we were discussing what she should write, as it specifically asks about mental health and medication.

We agreed that the world, and plenty of people in it, make us severely fed-up with life – but if they would all just vanish and stop irritating us with stupid ideas, plans, chores, commitments, and comments, we wouldn’t have a problem and wouldn’t need our daft pills!

Of course maybe this is depression and we’re jus deluding ourselves, but it’s a delusion which makes us laugh – which has got to be good for the depressed, right?

(and yes, she listed her medication on the application)

There really needs to be another word, as I do know people who suffer from depression – and my state of ‘fed-up’ness is nothing like theirs.

So on to brighter things, as that was the point. I may be miserable, old, tired, grumpy, and not want to do my housework – but I ain’t depressed!

Wayhay! Glad I got that off of my chest ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

I took anti depressants for 6 months. It was interesting to feel different, it let me know that the way I perceive the world isn't necessarily the only way it can be perceived. Nor is my perception necessarily the true reality
Funny, I was going thru some old emails too, from a fellow blogger about three years ago instead of two. I actually wrote an email to them but didn't send it.
Yes, there should be another word for depression, something milder.
You might like a book called "Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior". It was really good, and had parts about how 'sickness's' increased drastically after the development of new drugs to treat them.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:24:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

I sure hope that wasn't me and if it was i'm sorry i'm sure i was just trying to help

Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home